“Christmas Dinner at Graze - Impressive!”
Review of Graze

Graze
Reserve with OpenTable
Graze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 694 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fresh, Seasonable, Sharable! A place where neighbors can meet, eat and drink! Our menu is rooted in local seasonal flavors. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily. Two Private Dining Rooms. Complimentary two hour Valet Parking. Conveniently located downtown Winston-Salem in the Twin City Quarter.
Reviewed December 25, 2015

We made rather late plans to have Christmas dinner at Graze. They offered a Prix Fixe menu with a number of selections. I have to say, this was a very impressive meal.

The menu began with an appetizer and I selected the Lobster Bisque. It was creamy with large chunks of lobster meat. The flavors were balanced and it was perfectly seasoned. This was among the best lobster bisques I have ever had.

Graze's wine list is well curated. It is obvious that someone has taken plenty of time to select the right wines to pair with the food offered there. I ordered a pinot grigio to accompany my dinner and it was very good.

For my salad course, I chose a Caesar salad. It was nicely dressed without being over done and the croutons were an interesting house made cornbread style. They were chewy and not crisp or crunchy. Honestly, I really enjoyed them.

The main course was a "surf and turf" with a variety of choices to mix and match. I chose the cast iron seared sea scallops and the filet mignon. The scallops came with a delightfully spiced lemon chow chow. What a great idea. The scallops might have been seared just a bit longer to develop a brown crust, but they were delicious anyway.

The filet was perfectly medium rare and topped with a savory sauce. The plate also included grits and haricot verts. The beans were nicely blanched without being overdone and the grits were delicious.

There were two choices for dessert and I chose the Chocolate S'more option. The other choice was an eggnog soaked pound cake and I was told by someone else in our party that it was really good.

Our server was very attentive and pretty much able to stay on top of things despite the many tables she was serving. Kudos to her.

Although the atmosphere is rather typical of a hotel restaurant, don't let that deter you. Graze has some good culinary chops and given the opportunity, I would certainly eat there again - even if I am not staying at the Marriott.

1  Thank jelfeldt

Reviewed December 24, 2015

Been there twice and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. My wife is stuck on their shrimp and grits (and it is excellent) but I've tried the blue cheese encrusted filet and the pork chop dish. I was a little worried on our first visit as I'm an old fogey and not really into foo-foo menus but they have such a strong traditional base to them that I've really enjoyed them.
Tip- free valet parking for diners!

1  Thank Marty G
Reviewed November 27, 2015

I've enjoyed two meals at Graze while staying in the Marriott. It is not a typical hotel restaurant. Both the skirt steak and chicken were creative, savory and pleasingly presented dishes. The ambience and service are what you might expect from a decent hotel, but the food will exceed your expectations by a good margin. I would come to this restaurant even if I weren't staying in the hotel.

Reviewed November 17, 2015

Had breakfast with 3 other business associates. We had complimentary breakfast due to a couple of issues with our room. I am glad that we did eat here because it highlighted and surpassed the lackluster service in other parts of the hotel. Every member of the Restaurant Staff greeted everyone with a warm welcome and a big smile. The food was hot and well presented. The Omelet chef was awesome as was our server. I wish I had gotten her name. She was very attentive to every table in her section. We never had to ask for anything, she was on top of it all. Including drink refills. Job well done to the staff of Graze.

Reviewed September 11, 2015

I only ate there once- that was enough! My hamburger was blak & crunchy. The Fries were not hot, only warm. A cup of coffee was $4.22- ridiculous! It's hotel coffee...even Starbucks has cheaper than that!

2  Thank Becky P