“I'm always in the mood for Brixx!”

Brixx Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #148 of 669 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is my favorite place in Winston. Whenever out-of-town friends come to visit for a few days, Brixx is always one of the places I take them. Not only do they have incredible pizzas with gourmet ingredients, but they have a great beer selection. Where else can you get goat cheese, artichoke hearts, wild mushrooms, prosciutto or shrimp on a 10 dollar pizza? I highly recommend the Bronx Bomber or the Four-by-Four pizza. You would think they might be stingy with all those great toppings, but that is not the case. They even allow you add whatever extra toppings you want at no charge! The only times I've seen a friend or acquaintance not impressed with the place is when they get a wrap or other non-pizza entree. Come on... how goes to a food-fired pizza place for the turkey wraps?

The only ding against the place is the location. It's a bit out of the way. If Brixx was downtown, it would be a everyone's favorite.

Here's another tip: after 10pm, the pizza are 2 for 1.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I ate here a few weeks ago with my friends as part of my graduation celebration weekend. There were eight of us, and we got a variety of pizzas, appetizers, and beers. No one had any complaints. Some of us split a bruschetta that was absolutely delicious, the other side of the table split the pita chips and dips. For pizzas, I got the margherita and my boyfriend got the greek, and other pizzas at the table including the Americo, wild mushroom, and a veggie. I don't recall the others, but as I said, no one was displeased. The service was alright, but drinks went empty a few times.

I've been back four times and can't seem to order anything but the margherita. There are a couple pizzas on the menu that I'm interested to try, but that house-made mozzarella is just too good. Service is hit or miss, but the pizza is ALWAYS good, and the price is very reasonable.

Oh, and if you have kids, they give them some dough to play with and shape how they like, then they bake it and bring it back for them to eat as an appetizer. Totally free. My kids were so excited to see their culinary art creations come out for them to devour. Would be nice if it came back with a little marinara for dipping, but you can't really complain about free stuff, I suppose!

Atmosphere is sort of like that of a sports bar, but they have great outdoor seating. Whether you're alone, with your significant other, with kids, or hanging with friends, this is a great place to go!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The pizza was good....nice crust. The kids pizza is a little pricey for what you get....about the size of a Pizza Hut personal pan. Shrimp Carbonara was good...but nothing extraordinary.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Took my mother here for dinner because she really wanted whole wheat pizza. It was fantastic, you can get anything you want on it. The service was great. I like that you can split your pizza in half. The Bronx Bomber is great! Great outdoor patio