“Good food, not service”
Review of Red Hot & Blue - CLOSED

Red Hot & Blue
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Red Hot and Blue is a full-service, casual-themed restaurant chain and caterer featuring delicious award-winning ribs, Memphis-style barbeque, smoked wings, and Southern sides and desserts. The atmosphere is steeped in legendary and contemporary blues music and delivers a large dose of Southern hospitality in a fun and entertaining dining environment. History: The first Red Hot and Blue restaurant opened in Arlington, Virginia in 1988, started by Lee Atwater, Don Sundquist and friends. Don Sundquist was from Memphis and served in the House of Representatives and as governor of Tennessee. The late Lee Atwater was an amateur blues musician and political figure that managed George H.W. Bush's successful race for the presidency. These men were friends who longed for authentic Memphis-style barbeque and great blues music. Unable to find that combination anywhere in the Washington, DC area they decided the only way to get it done was to open a restaurant of their own. The Memphis-style barbeque chain celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2013 by partnering with a charitable organization at 24 different restaurant locations. The yearlong celebration culminated in the presentation of thousands of dollars in donations to local charities. The Name: The name, "Red Hot and Blue" is taken from the title of D.J. Dewey Phillip's radio show that that aired on WHBQ-AM in Memphis, Tennessee in the 1950s. This radio show launched the careers of Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash and broadened the audience for artists such as BB King, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray and Rufus Thomas. Red Hot & Blue Dine-In, Take-Out and Catering. Hickory-smoked Memphis-style BBQ, Ribs, Wings, Beef Brisket, Smoked Chicken, Seafood, Full-service Bar, in a Family-friendly atmosphere with a heapin' helpin' of Southern Hospitality!
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Three of us went for lunch on 6/29/12. I ordered the Chopped Chicken Salad, looking forward to the interesting variety of ingredients listed on the menu - beets, egg, red onion, crispy strips, etc.
After we got our food and I started eating below the chicken on top, I started looking for some of the ingredients that were supposed to be there. Finding none of the above items as I continued to search through the salad, I finally was able to flag down our waitress and explained the salad was not as listed. She left, went and talked to someone (in kitchen, I suppose) and she came back and said that was not the chopped salad, they had made the wrong salad! She offered to replace, but at that point, we were going to be late back to work if I ordered a new salad , and others were over halfway finished. The aggravation was, server made no effort to compensate us on the ticket. Still paid for the salad, even though wrong. Stuff like this makes me not want to go back to a restaurant. Hence title - Good food, not service.