“Nothing to Write Home About”
Review of Miami Restaurant

Miami Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 683 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I don't know what I expected. I was hungry for Cuban food so I decided to give Miami's Cafe a try for lunch. It is a good distance from where I live.
I was the only customer in the dining establishment for the first thirty minutes. They have lunch entrees and sandwiches. I chose picadillo which is served with black beans, two cups of white rice and fried plantains.They must have take out clientele. Everything was served in plastic which was a big turnoff. The staff consisted of the cook and one waitress.
Miami's is only open Thursday through Sunday.
It was clean.
I can make picadillo, black beans and white rice at home.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

A simple place serving a mix of latino dishes and sandwiches. Service is painfully slow. The pan con bistec was just ok. The ropa vieja was insipid but the moro rice was ok. The best thing there is the free wifi. Winston-Salem will have to wait for a good latino restaurant.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We eat here every time we are in the area. Great food. Try one of the sandwiches - my favorites are the Tripeletta and the Media Noche/Midnight Sandwich (A Cubano on Puerto Rican bread) or try the daily special for a real treat. To finish the meal try one of their homemade pastries or desserts.

Great place for takeout because you walk up to the counter to order. Although we have always enjoyed eating in the restaurant. It is very casual dining with a few booths and tables. 2 TV's turned to music stations with a variety of upbeat Cuban/Latin music. Staff is always super friendly too.

Only complaint I have is they are only open Thursday through Sunday.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat with the family. The food is cooked to order. The service is personal and freindly. I can't forget the coffee. Woooo!!

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Had an opportunity to eat lunch here and wow what a treat. Sandwich are huge and delicious. Fries and orings are ok but the treat is the sammy. Give it a try. The average reviews are not giving enough credit.