“Extra GREAT Mexican Food.”
Review of Papa Nachos

Papa Nachos
Ranked #126 of 659 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Mexican
“Extra GREAT Mexican Food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I have no idea what the previous reviewers are talking about. Both the food and service are EXCELLENT at Nacho Daddy's.

The salsa us wonderful. My wife and I absolutely love the Peluza Vegetable.

Anyone that declares Nacho Daddy's unworthy of an excellent rating must manage a competing restaurant and have an agenda.

North Carolina
“Average Mexican Fare”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I agree with the other reviewer of Nacho Daddy's in that the food certainly isn't great but no better than average. One of my wife's Hispanic friends took her to Nacho Daddy's for lunch and so we thought we would try it for dinner.

The $2 margaritas are terrible, even at $2. I will qualify that remark by saying that my wife and I make our margaritas at home from scratch - no mixes - so we're spoiled. I have no idea what kind of Tequila, orange liqueur or mixer they use in the $2 margarita but the combination is awful.

Service was so-so. When I arrived, the host was on the telephone and stayed on the phone for about 3 minutes while I waited to be seated. This was irritating and I was almost ready to walk out when he got off the phone and found me a table. I think the waitress was fairly new. She seemed timid in taking our orders and interpreting them correctly, almost as if she wasn't sure how to translate them on paper. At any rate, we did get our meal served correctly - two chimichangas - and they were OK. I used to the chimis that are about 4 inches long and about and inch tall but these were no bigger than small enchiladas.

Bottom line, there are far better Mexican restaurants in the area but if you're on Hanes Mall Blvd. and in a hurry for Mexican, it will do.

• Visited May 2012
Winston Salem, NC USA
“Not terrible, but not really "good" either”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I went here with our Spanish Meet Up group. It was our first visit and we can only speak for the two of us, but we weren't impressed. We shared the Nachos Mazatlan and the Chiles Poblanos, neither of which was very good. In fact the poblanos were terrible - they were literally floating in oil. Ugh. The Mazatlan was just okay.
Service was fine; no problem. The decor was typical chain style Mexican restaurant (is this a chain? - I don't know - it felt like one). Not unattractive, but nothing special. We probably won't go back unless someone else just really wants to go there - and then we'll just order a taco or something.

• Visited March 2012