“Good Sandwiches” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Newk's serves reasonably priced fresh deli food. I strongly recommend it over other Winston-Salem delis (like McAllisters).

Visited February 2014
Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to have you as a loyal Newk's patron. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Kind Regards,

Marisa Marino
Catering and Marketing Director

Advance, North Carolina
“Kids love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is my kids' favorite place to eat lunch after church on Sundays. As for me and my wife, we love the soup and sandwiches. You will not go wrong here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
We are so glad to hear that your kids like to frequent Newk's. We strive to make it a kid friendly envoirnment with delicious menu choices for them as well!

Kind Regards,

Marisa Marino
Catering and Marketing Director
Adrian, Michigan
1,293 restaurant reviews
“Very Good Place for an Informal Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My colleague and I decided to try this place before going to the Wake Forest game. It looked like a place to get a quick but tasty meal and we were right. The location was nicely placed as it was in front of a strip mall and easy to find from the road. The interior was nicely and tastefully done providing an informal but comfortable and attractive atmosphere for a meal. I tried the tomato basil soup and a Greek salad. Both were very good. My colleague had the pimiento cheese and tomato soup. He was also quite satisfied. The prices were fair and the walk-up service was quite efficient. If you are in the mood for a step up from fast food that is not very expensive, I would consider giving this place a try.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Debbie K
Elkin, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had salad and soup on my mind for dinner and chose Newk's Express Cafe. Was very disappointed in the flavor and quality of both my soup and salad. Let's start with the soup. I ordered Ultimate Crab thinking it would at least taste like crab...wrong. It consisted of very spicy thick chowder with lots of corn. Neither the taste or appearance of crab could be found. The salad had to be picked through to remove all the brown, wilted and disturbing looking lettuce. Needless to say, I will not be returning. Average rating is stretching it...

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I would like to apologize on behalf of our restaurant for your experience during your last visit. We pride ourselves on our high quality food and fresh ingredients and are disappointed when we fall short of our standards. We do source our produce locally and order it everyday as opposed to once a week to ensure the freshness of our product. With that being said, I would love if you could contact me regarding your experience. My number is (336)338-1704. Thank you.
Advance, North Carolina
“High priced burger joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Newks is in the former location of Fuddruckers, The ordering process is a little confusing. Good food, nice dining area, but not worth the hassel of Hanes Mall Blvd. traffic to eat a burger. Can't imagine eating there during the holidays when the annual traffic nightmare starts to build. There are so many dining choices in Winston-Salem, and Newk's doesn't stand out, in my opinion.

• Visited March 2013