“Great Family-Friendly Lunch Option!”
Review of Newk's - CLOSED

Newk's
Cuisines: American
Kernersville, NC
“Great Family-Friendly Lunch Option!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We tried Newk's for the first time today, after hearing that it was founded by the owners of McAlister's Deli (another family favorite). We arrived at 11:30 on a Sunday. Service was very quick and all of the staff were friendly. My husband and I shared a sausage and pepperoni pizza, while the kids ordered a cheese pizza and the four cheese mac and cheese with fruit. Our food came very quickly, exactly as ordered, and it was delicious. We really enjoyed the pizza. It has a great homemade crust, and I liked that the sausage was finely ground. Our kids enjoyed their meals as well, and their portions were a good size. Several times during our meal we were checked on by the staff, and when the manager came by and learned that it was our first visit, he stayed to chat and gave us a coupon for a free entree and drink! We finished the meal with a free piece of chocolate cake (the coupon came via e-mail after signing up for their Round Table club online). It was delicious, with a real cocoa frosting. We really enjoyed our lunch, and we'll definitely return!

• Visited September 2013
Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are so glad to hear about your first experience with us. We love meeting first time diners and hearing their reactions to our fresh, flavorful food items. The pizza is one of our biggest sellers. With so many different pizza options, its easy to try a different one each time. We would also like to take the time to thank you for joining our Roundtable Club. Look for a gift from us in the mail on your Birthday! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Suwanee, Georgia
“Love the Pizza”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great to be the same pizza near my house or away while traveling. What is great is the last time as I was coming into town called ahead and picked up on my way to the hotel. Convenience

Visited April 2013
Great to hear that you get to enjoy our pizza in your city o when your out of town visiting our store location. Our to-go ordering definitely makes it easy for guests to pick up food on the go. With our standard ticket times being 5 to 7 minutes, it can come in handy during those moments when your crunched for time. Thanks again and safe travels.
mocksville
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I tried Newk's on a whim. We just like trying new places. I have the steak sandwich with cheese, carmelized onions and horseradish spread with fruit salad on the side. My wife had the half salad and bowl of cheddar broccoli soup. The cashier where you order was very friendly. Ordering was quick. Our food came out fast but was fresh and hot. The guy who brought our food was also friendly. My sandwich was very good. The bread with a chewy crust but soft center. The steak was delicious and the onions carmelized to perfection. The fruit salad was fresh and not prepared from frozen fruit. My wife loved the salad and the soup was some of the best we have had, cheesy with a hint of spice. Overall, we really liked Newk's and will be returning. Give it a try, you will be glad you did.

• Visited May 2013
Lewisville, North Carolina
“so glad we tried this!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We decided to give Newks a try on a Friday night. The folks in our party were all pleased with their food. The pizza was excellent and fresh tasting. The sandwiches are delicious and toasted and fresh. I must say the best item that evening was the lobster bisque! The restaurant is clean and bright and the staff are very friendly. The menu has a wide variety of choices and includes sandwiches, salads, soups, pizzas and desserts. You can also order wine and beer and a variety of bottled waters. Love it. Will be back soon.

Visited April 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Fresh Food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Everything we have gotten here has been great, and everything comes in very large portions. Our favorite is the Newk's Favorite salad. I can't speak for the pizza, but the soups, salads and sandwiches are all very good.

• Visited December 2012