“Very Good, but small cake (to go) selection” 4 of 5 bubbles

Camino Bakery
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Good, but small cake (to go) selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Some friends and I stopped here with the intention of grabbing a few slices of cake. The cake selection is actually pretty small. The only flavors available were the chocolate raspberry and the lemon cake. There was a large variety of cheese cakes, various pastries, breads, whoopie pies and cookies. I absolutely HATE cheese cake as a result I was forced to choose between the two traditional cakes and a chocolate mousse cake. I'm not really into chocolate either, but I chose the chocolate cake over the mousse cake and lemon cake. My friends chose the lemon cake, a molasses/ginger cookie, and a red velvet whoopie pie. The cakes and the whoopie pie were actually pretty good. There was a complaint that the cookie was too sweet, but I didn't taste it so...Bottom line, this bakery is pretty good, I just they had more selection of regular cake OR at least more of a balance with cheese cake and regular cake.

• Visited July 2014

Tuxedo, North Carolina
“Probably the worst chai tea I've ever had!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Bakery was in a good, central location in downtown W-S. We walked in and there were a number of folks behind the counter. We were helped by a young woman who explained that their 2% milk was made by combining whole and skim milk. I inquired about soy milk--and was told that that was $.75 more (at my neighborhood grocery store, soy milk is less expensive than organic dairy milk); apparently they feel they can get away with overcharging for soy.

I sipped the chai tea that had been prepared for me and there was no sweetness to it. I ended up adding two packets of sugar to sweeten it (and I don't care for really sweet drinks). I asked whose chai tea mix they use and they said Chad's.

I would recommend they consider another brand . . .

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rupert227
Durham, United Kingdom
“Food great, service not so much!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I visited Camino bakery twice while in town for 5 days from the UK. The first time was for lunch with friends and the food was delicious and the staff were very friendly. The second time was about 9pm on a week night for a cupcake and glass of wine. The red velvet cupcake was really nice but the guy serving could not have been less friendly. No help at all with the wine choice and definitely didn't want to be there. It was a shame as I follow Camino on Instagram and was really looking forward to visiting while in town.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank claire277
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“This is good coffee... Take note Star*uckers,coffee is not meant to be bitter!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The ultimate irony re: the lack of good coffee spots with the proliferation of Starbucks- people miss out on good coffee value at the independent alternate storefronts.
Camino is just the typical atmosphere with better baked goods and much better coffee thanks to the local roaster Krankies.
Whenever possible, I make a pilgrimage to the drive up Krankies coffee stand. The one in an Airstream trailer.
Too often people seem to think that:1)Good coffee is determined by price, 2)Starbucks has better coffee.

During my residency in Seattle during the 90's, better coffee could be had almost anywhere but at a SB's. SB actually was beat by the avg. sidewalk
coffee cart.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank G F
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Coming from New Zealand I was excited to find a good expresso style coffee. If this is what your craving stop in here and give it a try, great atmosphere and a wide range of delicious baked foods to boot

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Becmck
Caminobakery, Owner at Camino Bakery, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of Camino! So glad to have a Kiwi stop in!!!! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely atmosphere, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know how well they're doing. We really appreciate your business and are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time you're in our hemisphere/neck of the woods!

Thanks,