“This is good coffee... Take note Star*uckers,coffee is not meant to be bitter!”
Review of Camino Bakery

Camino Bakery
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Winston Salem
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The ultimate irony re: the lack of good coffee spots with the proliferation of Starbucks- people miss out on good coffee value at the independent alternate storefronts.
Camino is just the typical atmosphere with better baked goods and much better coffee thanks to the local roaster Krankies.
Whenever possible, I make a pilgrimage to the drive up Krankies coffee stand. The one in an Airstream trailer.
Too often people seem to think that:1)Good coffee is determined by price, 2)Starbucks has better coffee.

During my residency in Seattle during the 90's, better coffee could be had almost anywhere but at a SB's. SB actually was beat by the avg. sidewalk
coffee cart.

1  Thank G F

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Coming from New Zealand I was excited to find a good expresso style coffee. If this is what your craving stop in here and give it a try, great atmosphere and a wide range of delicious baked foods to boot

1  Thank Becmck
Caminobakery, Owner at Camino Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Camino! So glad to have a Kiwi stop in!!!! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely atmosphere, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know how well they're doing. We really appreciate your business and are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time you're in our hemisphere/neck of the woods!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in on a cool fall night. I had the cinnamon caramel apple cider. It was amazing. She had a Latte that she is still raving about. The atmosphere is exceptional. They had a wide variety of drinks and baked goods. Outstanding place.

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Camino! Yum, cinnamon caramel apple cider! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely atmosphere, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know how well they're doing. We really appreciate your business and are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

If a guy holds a door open for you and let's you in only to advise you they are closing and you say well I was going to try some of your coffee and he says but we're closing good sign that they don't give a crap about customers...what a Crappy thing to do saw all the good reviews bummer that I can't do the the same i will tell all my friends that this place blows and 4 recommended it I just texted them and told them about it and they were disappointed to top it off i was pushing my daughter in a wheelchair still was denied tells ya what kind of people they are too...poor poor customer service when you can't pour coffee after you actually let them in then you shouldn't be open all bad Karma coming your way now

1  Thank gsternberg

I'm so sorry you had a negative experience at Camino. We hope you'll give us a second chance, but we certainly understand if you don't. We're also grateful to you for pointing out our shortcomings and mistakes. We always try to learn. Our apologies.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Having visited so many places over the last three weeks, whilst trying to find a perfect coffee, I accidently stumbled on Camino Bakery, thanks in part to the coffee supplier, and a traffic officer informing me that it is illegal to park in a parking space if my vehicle was not pointing the same way as the traffic. but that's a different story!
Camino stands out to me of all the places in Winston, for good service, attentive and eager staff, who serve people without the annoying (we are an artisan coffee company, distain). Who corrected the order without hesitation, and supplied some of the best bakery products I have had in the US. Despite being pissed with the archaic traffic violation, they put me in a great mood, and it would have been full marks if the music selection had not annoyed the couple sitting next to me and they walked out! And the annoying customer wining on about the Irish cream! Actually thinking about it, for putting up with the ignorant customers so well you get full marks. Congrats, I don't give them out often.

1  Thank Don K

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Camino! Full marks! Wow! Thank you so much!!!! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely atmosphere, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know how well they're doing. We really appreciate your business and are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time you're in our neck of the woods!