“Good latte and cake”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Cherokee, North Carolina
“Good latte and cake”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Outdoor and indoor seating and a varied selection of pastries, cookies and sandwiches make Camino a plus place to visit. The latte was tasty and hot. The atmosphere casual and comfortable.
Glad it was there since the community arts café was closed.

Visited March 2014
Caminobakery, Owner at Camino Bakery, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of Camino! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely atmosphere, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know how well they're doing. We really appreciate your business and are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time your in our neck of the woods!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Drinks&bites on the go”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Great stop in an afternoon for either a bite, a warm infuse or wine tasting. Expect to wait since it's always busy and kinda a small place. Have never been able to sit down to enjoy myself actually.

Caminobakery, Owner at Camino Bakery, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of Camino! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely intimate atmosphere, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. We're sorry there wasn't room for you to find a seat. We've been extremely busy lately, and we're glad that as the days get warmer there are more outdoor seating options available. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know how well they're doing. We really appreciate your business and are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time your in our neck of the woods!

Raleigh, NC
“Best Bakery in Winston-Salem”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been to The Camino 20 to 30 times. I love it every time. The coffee is always amazing, the breads are great, I love the biscotti, and their lunch sandwiches are really good as well. Sometimes I will grab a healthy sandwich right before I head back to Raleigh. It is the perfect snack to get me back home. Even the architectural space is open, they are kid friendly, and it is quite a local community hub. There are lots of places to sit and study if needed, and the staff is friendly enough to give refills on coffee and advice on local happenings. The one thing I wish that they offered was a sit down breakfast menu so that I could enjoy the place even more.

• Visited November 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Camino on 4th Review”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stopped in Camino yesterday afternoon around 3 for a quick dessert and latte. We got our desserts to go, but had to wait so long for the drinks (13 minutes) we actually just ate our dessert there, right out of the to-go container. This was a concern because the gal making drinks actually told the fellow working the register that she was "fine" on the bar after he asked to help her. 13 minutes for a small latte is not acceptable.
Folks were lined up almost to the door. The drinks were great, but who wants to wait that long? Especially when your schedule is as hectic as mine is this time of year. Another helpful tip: train your employees to use the proper to-go containers. As a business owner I know how expensive these things can be. I asked for a piece of the chocolate silk pie, and the fella behind the counter put it in a large, clear plastic to-go container that it was literally swimming in.
I love Camino. I will still visit Camino when I'm downtown - but work on your sense of urgency. Wipe down all the seating once or twice a week (no one wants to sit on sticky food bits leftover from the messy eater before you). Work on not being wasteful. These things will make all the difference.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Allison D
Caminobakery, Owner at Camino Bakery, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for stopping in at Camino! We strive extremely hard to create delicious drinks, scrumptious food, and a lovely atmosphere, and we're sorry that your visit was problematic. First of all, we'd like to apologize for the long wait. The date of your review means that you were in Camino on the same day as the Nutcracker Ballet performance at the Steven's Center - right across the street. We are always busy, but you were with us on one of our busiest days of the year. We're sorry you had to wait in a line stretching to the door that took 13 minutes. We've already taken steps to speed up our system. We've reoriented our espresso machine to allow two baristas to make drinks at the same time. When you come back I think you'll experience a much speedier process. Our entire staff takes great pride in what we do, and I'll pass along your review to let the whole Camino team know what we need to do to improve. We really appreciate your business and hope you'll return and have a wonderful visit to Camino! We look forward to having you back with us next time your in our neck of the woods!

Monroe, Connecticut
“After dinner stop”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for a coffee and desert after having dinner next door. The waitstaff was very friendly and the place was hoppin' on a Tuesday night. The lattes and pastries were very good.

• Visited December 2013