“Outstanding Mexican!”

Pancho Villa's Mexican & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #285 of 667 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I consider myself somewhat of an experienced Mexican food diner, and because of the other reviews we decided to eat here. It was one of the best meals we have had in awhile. We had a chimichanga, with chicken, rice, beans and guac salad. It was fresh, hot and full of flavor. The chips and salsa were above par as well. The service was quick and efficient. We also shared a Xanga dessert, which was fried cheesecake, served with ice cream. Also very tasty!! All for $20!! Great meal for a great value!!

1  Thank Jmkimsey
There are newer reviews for Pancho Villa's Mexican & Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just enjoyed our first dining experience here, and it was the best Mexican we've had in a while. The chili relleno was terrific, and it was a great alternative to an hour and a half wait at any of the popular chain restaurants in town on a busy Saturday evening. We will definitely return again.

1  Thank Flash F
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Service is always fast and the food fresh and hot. The prices are excellent and the margaritas are primo!

I visit almost weekly for dinner and have never had a problem. Sometimes it is very busy on Friday and Saturday nights and I don't like to wait so plan your date night accordingly!

1  Thank itjustmehere
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After patronizing this establishment over the past few years, we're convinced it's the best Mexican reataurant in town. The food is always well-prepared and offered at a very reasonable cost. Not to mention those frozen margaritas!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Wow! This place is a great value! They could double their prices and you'd still get a bargain. I grew up in the Southwest so I'm picky about my Mexican food. Pancho Villa's food has _excellent_ flavors. The salsa is great and I couldn't stop myself from eating it even though I did not want to fill up on chips.

The first and second times we at there (traveling for business in Winston Salem) I had a mixed seafood and rice dish. The seafood was plentiful and fresh, although the scallops were small and slightly overcooked. The combination with the rice was so plentiful that I had enough left over for lunch the next day. The third visit I tried the chimichanga. The beef was shredded, moist and seasoned well, exactly as it should be.

On a return business trip a few weeks later, we ordered take-out for a large group. Although one meal was missing from our order, they had given us some free appetizers and no one went hungry. When we called and told them about the oversight, the management was very nice about it and told us to come back anytime that was convenient and the meal was on the house. We made good on that offer later in the same week.

It is no mystery why they are so busy at lunchtime that they need their own traffic cop at the entrance.