“Cold Food”

New China Buffet
Ranked #505 of 667 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My daughter and I love Chinese food. We used to go to the Asian Cafe before they closed it down. Anyway, we were Christmas shopping a few weeks ago and decided to eat lunch at New China Buffet. BIG MISTAKE. Everything except the wonton soup was cold. They ran out of the item that my daughter liked the best. She asked them to put some more on the buffet a total of three times and they never did. We got tired of waiting and left. This place is a poor excuse for a restaurant. Don't waste your money.

2  Thank Shaaron M
There are newer reviews for New China Buffet

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in the area visiting family and we decided to have lunch. What a mistake this was. The food was dry and some not even hot. The food tasted like it was from the day before and had been reheated. We told the server that one of the people in our group was not going to eat and she got rude with us. We were getting ready to leave the Restaurant and one of the little ones was looking at a table of different items they had for sell ( Knock-off Hello KItty Items) and she was on top of us as if we were going to steal something. This place needs to be closed down. Poor Service and the place needs a good cleaning and new employees !!!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Felicia H
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is pretty much what you expect for an inexpensive chinese buffet. There is a great variety of dishes and they are all pretty good.

1  Thank G8RRPh
Reviewed March 21, 2012

this place was right next door and I love Chineese food I should've been born in china

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Am a frequent visitor at this location and have always found the food to be fresh and hot. The salads are crisp and the presentation at all the food bars is crisp and clean. Have never found them to have an empty tray and they try using the Just In Time theory so that it is fresh, hot, and ready without any waste. Service is fast and they do a great job without hovering - which is a DEFINITE plus, in my book. Booths or tables are available and they appear to be accommodating if you have a larger party. For the price of a meal next door, you can get all you care to eat here and your old plates are removed quickly. They will also cook other than buffet food if you like but I've never found the need since they serve everything from sushi to fried chicken drummies and even a pizza for the kids.

2  Thank EvlMcgyver