“Good lunch”

Ranked #21 of 681 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: A seafood restaurant/bar in the heart of Downtown Winston-Salem. Raw, Steamed, Grilled, Fried Oysters. Crabs? We got em. Soft Shell, Blue, Stone, Chesapeake, Maryland, and more! We also have a selection of sandwiches, appetizers, and entrees!Thirteen draught selection, with a large assortment of bottled beer, and a full liquor bar! Blended, frozen, and specialty tropical drinks also available!
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Several of my business partners we occasionally walk here for a good, different atmosphere for lunch.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Food was good and service was quick - I had a shrimp po boy - and was somewhat surprised that there were a good number of meaty shrimp! I believe this place is more popular as a bar - or at least that's the impression I got. Anyway - not a bad lunch deal - but nothing to rave about.....

Reviewed June 30, 2013

the salad with grilled shrimp was wonderful, and they had cider, my drink of choice. the place was small but quaint and even had cornhole set up outside if you wanted

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been to King's several times now, and we always enjoy it. The seafood is fresh and well-prepared, and they have an impressive selection of draft beers. We enjoy sitting outside (made better because it's on the shady side of the street) and taking in the street scene while eating great food. On our most recent visit we shared a calamari appetizer (very fresh with a light, crispy breading), along with steamed oysters and crab cakes, and my wife had a very tasty shrimp salad. On this day they had 3 different types of oysters, and our very knowledgeable server helped us decide on those from the Delaware Bay. Great choice! One quibble--I got a cup of gumbo (the Friday soup of the day), and was disappointed that it's not a true gumbo. It was more like a thin chicken and rice soup with seafood and sausage, missing the thicker roux base and spiciness of the authentic Cajun version. While it wasn't bad, it's certainly not what I expected. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our meal. So skip the gumbo, but definitely give this place a try if you're a seafood lover!

1  Thank arbyunc
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere with delicious seafood. Share a small bucket between two people. Their lobster sandwich, though not always available, is unique and wonderful.