“Love the food and ambience!”
Review of Buena Pinta - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Buena Pinta
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a locally owned, family restaurant. The food is well prepared and good quality. I enjoy a bit more zip to my food so I always ask for more of the homemade salsa. It is outstanding! The arborgatas- mexican meatballs with rice is my favorite. Drinks are good and great service. I also favor the bean dip with their freshmade flour tortilla chips. I love to treat myself to some of the fruity drinks as well. Great place to meet family and friends for lunch or after work.

There are newer reviews for Buena Pinta

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've been and tried here 3 times. I've tried a lot of different things (well, 4 different things anyway) -- granted always for lunch. But I gotta tell you, from my point of view -- this could be an awesome gem -- but they need new recipes that have SOME flavor -- anything. I have never in my life eaten "Latin" food this bland before. And again, not once, twice, but 3 times .. and different items.

The service is very good -- and the owners (or whom I presume are the owners) are very gracious and kind. I'd love to love this place -- but you know, I now go to a local "taco" truck (granted, high end food truck) at Krankie's for lunch to get good "mexican" food that has flavor.

Someone needs to unlock the garlic, salt, chili powders, etc. for their main dishes and this place could shine ...

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family recently discovered this place and it is truly a gem. Everything about the place is inviting, the location, atmosphere, friendly staff, and most importantly, the food. We had a large party and several of us had the enchiladas, along with chimichangas and burritos. From the presentation to the taste, the food was great. I highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank wallingfordruskin
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is a fun spot in downtown Winston-Salem, but the menu needs to be spiced up a bit. Good presentation and yummy salsa. Also need to take the chili dog off the menu - that doesn't speak to a very authentic Latin feel. The margarita should not be glowing blue. A more natural color would have looked/tasted more appealing.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Wow, Don't let the the number of people scare you away it's not usually that busy at night. You have to try it. You will return.. In fact we bought gift cards for friends because of upcoming birthdays and want them to try it. Service is good but food is fantastic! Try it Soon! Tortilla Soup wonderful and homemade Salsa with great complimentary Chips that actually are not bland like a lot of places.

5  Thank gdaverett