“Best hotel in Winston-Salem”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've stayed in Winston Salem for 2 months and this Fairfield beats the Hampden, Courtyard, Holiday Inn, and of course the Extended Stay.

The BEST perk is the free gym access to THE RUSH a short drive away. Free breakfast and manager special nights tues & wed make this hotel stand out. No wonder it sells out faster than the others!

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear DenverTennisPro,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words. I'm really happy to hear that we have become your favorite option in Winston-Salem and that you've been able to take advantage of the free off-site full-service gym access. Thank you again and we appreciate your recommendation!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Always greeted with a great attitude every time I stay here! Great service and quick check in. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable and I always get a good nights sleep at this hotel. I have been here a couple of times when there was a pizza happy hour in the reception area. Good timing. Good breakfast in the am. Highly recommend this hotel for business travel. Great value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear David A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your repeated business! I'm happy to read that you find our service fast and friendly and our guest rooms clean and comfortable. Thanks for the recommendation as well and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Wow, what a welcome! This hotel has THE BEST management! Fresh-baked cookies at the front desk when we arrived; a really nice reception in the common area during complementary happy hour which included boxes and boxes of locally-made pizzas, beer, wine, and lots of "real food" snacks; a wonderful recommendation for dinner at a nearby restaurant, The Village Tavern, which was absolutely superb; and, when we checked out, we were given bottles of water for our journey. The room was, in the Marriott tradition, absolutely clean and well-designed. Great location directly across the street from Hanes Mall. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Wahzah,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites! I'm really pleased that you found our guest service excellent and enjoyed our proximity to shopping and restaurants (and those cookies are pretty good, eh?). Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Booked a room as a member of a group. Getting there is a little tricky as you must drive past the hotel and completely around it in a business park - some in our group took the first driveway in error - oops! Room was every bit as nice as another favorite motel (different chain) in Raleigh, NC. Front desk service was quick and efficient. Did not have a chance to do much in the motel on the afternoon of checking-in as there were group functions to attend elsewhere. The breakfast buffet was good but did not have quite the selection of freshly prepared items as other places. The group would have liked to have evening social and next-morning business meetings at the hotel but, alas, they lacked any type of conference room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Fred B,

I'm glad you were able to find us! Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel; I'm happy to hear that you found your guest room and our guest service up to your expectations. We do offer a small board room on-site that you may be interested in on a future visit. Thanks again & we hope to see you again on your next visit to Winston-Salem!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife stayed here for 17 days when her mother was a patient at the nearby Forsyth Medical Center. First, they gave her the "hospital rate" which was about half price. The staff went out of their way to nake her comfortable. She could take the breakfast sandwiches with her when she left early for the hospital. They provided the detergent and washing products when she needed to do some laundry. They signed her up for the Marriott Rewards program so she could earn points for her lengthy stay. When she had to extend her stay, they were most accommodating, even letting her keep the same room.

She began to feel like she was staying with family, so friendly and helpful were all the staff. I am so happy that they made my wife's visit so comfortable during this trying time. (Her mother is better, but she will return this week and looks forward to seeing her "friends" at the Fairfield Inn.)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently returned to the hotel, having stayed there a few months ago. It was an easy decision to make, as I had nothing to complain about the first time around and had said I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

My return visit was much like my first experience; the staff was friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable.

My only complaint this time would be that the free Wi-Fi access in the room, which was near the end of the hotel was sporadic to non-existant. Nevertheless, I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights this past week for a business trip in the area. Nothing fancy by any means, but met my basic needs. Very courteous staff.

Travelling a great deal for business, I found the breakfast not quite to par of other hotels at this price point, but the manager's reception was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business