“Traveling with a group”

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Traveling with a group”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Booked a room as a member of a group. Getting there is a little tricky as you must drive past the hotel and completely around it in a business park - some in our group took the first driveway in error - oops! Room was every bit as nice as another favorite motel (different chain) in Raleigh, NC. Front desk service was quick and efficient. Did not have a chance to do much in the motel on the afternoon of checking-in as there were group functions to attend elsewhere. The breakfast buffet was good but did not have quite the selection of freshly prepared items as other places. The group would have liked to have evening social and next-morning business meetings at the hotel but, alas, they lacked any type of conference room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Fred B,

I'm glad you were able to find us! Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel; I'm happy to hear that you found your guest room and our guest service up to your expectations. We do offer a small board room on-site that you may be interested in on a future visit. Thanks again & we hope to see you again on your next visit to Winston-Salem!

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife stayed here for 17 days when her mother was a patient at the nearby Forsyth Medical Center. First, they gave her the "hospital rate" which was about half price. The staff went out of their way to nake her comfortable. She could take the breakfast sandwiches with her when she left early for the hospital. They provided the detergent and washing products when she needed to do some laundry. They signed her up for the Marriott Rewards program so she could earn points for her lengthy stay. When she had to extend her stay, they were most accommodating, even letting her keep the same room.

She began to feel like she was staying with family, so friendly and helpful were all the staff. I am so happy that they made my wife's visit so comfortable during this trying time. (Her mother is better, but she will return this week and looks forward to seeing her "friends" at the Fairfield Inn.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Southern Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently returned to the hotel, having stayed there a few months ago. It was an easy decision to make, as I had nothing to complain about the first time around and had said I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

My return visit was much like my first experience; the staff was friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable.

My only complaint this time would be that the free Wi-Fi access in the room, which was near the end of the hotel was sporadic to non-existant. Nevertheless, I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights this past week for a business trip in the area. Nothing fancy by any means, but met my basic needs. Very courteous staff.

Travelling a great deal for business, I found the breakfast not quite to par of other hotels at this price point, but the manager's reception was a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night as part of a road trip. It was clean, with fair-sized rooms. I remember thinking that the bathroom needed some attention, but not to the point where it was gross or anything. The only annoying thing is that the pool didn't open till 9, and they wouldn't let me swim even then because it looked like rain and someone had seen lightening and thought it might be dangerous. There was no lightening, but whatever. HOWEVER, I would stay here again if in this area, it's fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a number of times. Nothing major to complain about. Rooms are in good shape. Fridge and microwave are nice to have. The breakfast area is way too small for the size of hotel, but the food selection is good. All In all, this is a good value for the money.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Fairfield for two nights at the end of Aug, 2012.

Check in/out was quick and easy. We had a second floor 2 queen bed room. Our room was very clean and it was a very nice size. There was a little nook in the wall with cabinetry, a small sink, refrigerator and a microwave. It even had a light which was nice. The AC unit was the standard wall unit and the temperature was controlled on the unit itself, not on the wall. It maintained an even temperature and kept our room very cool. It was also fairly quiet.

The bathroom was a nice size and it had a full length mirror outside of the bathroom area for getting ready. (This was great for us women that are menopausal and need to be closer to the AC.)

The beds were on the softer side but there were lots of pillows on both of the beds so I was able to get very comfortable. The linens were nice and clean too. The bathroom was very clean and the water pressure in the shower was great and it maintained the temperature throughout our showers.

My husband took advantage of the breakfast that was offered. He said that there was a waffle maker along with the standard muffins, bread, juices and fruit type offerings. He also said that it was very crowded on both days. There is a mall across the street which was decent with a few restaurants in the area if you choose not to eat at the hotel.

There was an outdoor pool that looked very nice but because of our time schedule we did not have time to enjoy it. The business center had two computers in it that worked fine. The connection was a bit slow but better than some of the hotels that I've been in.

I would stay in the hotel again if I'm in the area and I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple