“5 stars for the value”

Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I gave this hotel 5 stars because you get what you pay for and for the price this hotel exceeded my expectations. Room was nice, clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. Pool was clean. Complimentary breakfast very good! Kids loved the pancakes, I enjoyed the oatmeal and bacon. Husband had the yogurt and bagel. Brandon was Awesome! He kept the pool open an extra 30 mins so the kids could swim after a long drive. He was friendly and attentive while juggling 10 different things. I like the hussle in him. So many young adults just don't have his work ethic. Area is not the best but this place was perfect for stopping for a rest.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Susan W

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the HI Express for 2 nights. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is. Lets be honest, this is not the Crown Plaza, but is a nice, clean hotel. Check in was smooth, my room was clean, plenty of towels, bed was very comfortable. There is a free hot breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, sweet rolls, yogurt, fruit, juices, milk, coffee, etc that was good. Try to get an odd numbered room since the even numbered rooms face the highway. Noise can be a concern.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I trusted the reviews on TripAdvisor and how they are wrong. I got I real late, had regards about this hotel but I didn't feel like looking for a new hotel. Very questionable neighborhood, plenty of strip clubs nearby so you figure it out. In addition, the hotel is very close to a busy highway. Make sure you can get a room away from the road noise.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Whammie787
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Whammie787,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay, particularly with the location and challenges you had with the noise. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this gives us the opportunity to improve on our guest satisfaction. We hope for another chance to serve you here again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 9, 2014

What can I say but excellent hotel....My husband and I usually stay at the Wingate by Wyndham on Main St but they was booked,so we asked is there a Holiday Inn Express nearby and we was directed to this beautiful hotel...All we can say is O MY GOD what a most amazing time and experience we had at this hotel...Our room was very clean and comfortable...the entire hotel was immaculate..The breakfast was to die for..Whenever we come to visit our daughter we have found our home away from home...Will be there on May 16....OVERALL EXPERIENCE....TEN THUMBS UP:):):)

Room Tip: Rooms near the vending and ice machine are awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Its always a pleasure to read reports like this. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team members to remind them that the hard work they do daily to uphold the commitment of what is expected of our brand is maintained. We look forward to your May 16th Visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Had to come down from WV unexpectedly during Easter weekend due to my dad being in the hospital. The front desk staff were nice and professional. The breakfast was decent, nothing spectacular but enough to feed myself and my kids. Our room was very clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had no issues with noise from traffic (room 110). I would stay again, but honestly hope I don't have to!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bbdrj
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

It is good to know that when our guests are in need of our services, that there are team members here to help them along their stay. Thank you for your kind words about our Team members and their efforts to help make your stay and enjoyable one. I will pass your feedback along to them.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were driving home from Myrtle beach SC to Buffalo, NY when we decided to stop a night in Winston-Salem to visit friends. We had used Holiday Inn points and said it was for two adults and our son. When we got to the hotel and they saw our son was an adult they upgraded us to a junior suite. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helped us find where we were going for dinner. After dinner all six of us came back to the hotel for coffee and talk and there was plenty of room for all. The morning breakfast was good and we even enjoyed the Jacuzzi. I would Definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front but the high way traffis was not a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindagerr

Its great to hear that our recently renovated hotel met your satisfaction. In reading your experience, this is the kind of warm hospitality that our team members are expected to deliver. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team and we look forward to your future visit with us again.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Power... was out at home so we packed up the family and took refuge here.....now - cannot fault the Hotel for the chaos...lots of families were "camping out" as the whole town was out of power in spooty places. Rooms were hard to cpme by- BUT - SOME, not all, of the front desk staff really need to step up their game. #1 rule - no personal cell phones should be anywhere in site of costomers. I should not have to wait for ANYTHING while they are finishing up a personal call - EVER, EVER!!!!!
Waited for coffee refills - waited to have questions answered not good.
Heat is 'old school' and needs updating...for the price of this room needs updating.
Just not the experience I expected for the PRICE.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Outlanders,