New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Princeton, West Virginia
“Quiet and clean...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Had to come down from WV unexpectedly during Easter weekend due to my dad being in the hospital. The front desk staff were nice and professional. The breakfast was decent, nothing spectacular but enough to feed myself and my kids. Our room was very clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had no issues with noise from traffic (room 110). I would stay again, but honestly hope I don't have to!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bbdrj
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
It is good to know that when our guests are in need of our services, that there are team members here to help them along their stay. Thank you for your kind words about our Team members and their efforts to help make your stay and enjoyable one. I will pass your feedback along to them.

Holiday Inn Express

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were driving home from Myrtle beach SC to Buffalo, NY when we decided to stop a night in Winston-Salem to visit friends. We had used Holiday Inn points and said it was for two adults and our son. When we got to the hotel and they saw our son was an adult they upgraded us to a junior suite. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helped us find where we were going for dinner. After dinner all six of us came back to the hotel for coffee and talk and there was plenty of room for all. The morning breakfast was good and we even enjoyed the Jacuzzi. I would Definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front but the high way traffis was not a problem.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lindagerr
Its great to hear that our recently renovated hotel met your satisfaction. In reading your experience, this is the kind of warm hospitality that our team members are expected to deliver. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team and we look forward to your future visit with us again.

Winston-Salem,NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Power... was out at home so we packed up the family and took refuge here.....now - cannot fault the Hotel for the chaos...lots of families were "camping out" as the whole town was out of power in spooty places. Rooms were hard to cpme by- BUT - SOME, not all, of the front desk staff really need to step up their game. #1 rule - no personal cell phones should be anywhere in site of costomers. I should not have to wait for ANYTHING while they are finishing up a personal call - EVER, EVER!!!!!
Waited for coffee refills - waited to have questions answered not good.
Heat is 'old school' and needs updating...for the price of this room needs updating.
Just not the experience I expected for the PRICE.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Outlanders,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

A simple, easy hotel with a nice breakfast and friendly staff. The hotel is nothing special; it is merely a Holiday Inn Express, but the beds were comfortable and the location was good for shopping and eating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MissJetSetter88
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were very impressed with the quality and responsiveness of the staff. The breakfast was hot and was very tasty. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. My family loved the area, and this was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered room to be on the quiet side of the hotel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank theriggfam
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I am always pleased to read Excellent reviews from our guests. I share this feedback with the team members to encourage and reinforce the impact of their service and hard work.

Lecanto, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have stayed in this Holiday Inn Express multiple times. We keep coming back for a reason! The staff is wonderful and helpful. The public areas are always clean. The security is good. The rooms are large and well appointed. They also have one feature that you very rarely find! In these days of laptops and tablets and cell phones and many, many charger cords, in most hotels, you're lucky if you find 1 electrical outlet that you must use to plug everything you have into. Not so at this hotel....there are many, many outlets and they are all over the room. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is spacious. The complimentary breakfast is always a good way to start the day. Though small, the workout room is nicely equipped. The hotel is located centrally with easy access to the highway and anything else you'd like to do in the Winston Salem area!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the side opposite the interstate because we've stayed in rooms on the intersta...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tmt57
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. We strive to make your stay as comfortable and hassle free as possible. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Spencer, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My experience at this hotel was mostly positive. The room was clean, spacious, nicely maintained and accessorized, and the CC feature on the TV worked great. I have a hearing loss so if there was traffic noise outside, I didn't notice it. The breakfast was good with a nice variety of foods including, among other things, make-your-own waffles, a meat, biscuits and gravy. Two attendants were constantly on duty making sure that items were well stocked and the area kept clean.

My only complaint, and I really wasn't happy that night, was the geographically-challenged person at the desk--Kourtland. The directions on the website weren't very specific, and I called for directions from I-77 when I felt I was near the hotel. Kourtland had little idea where the hotel was located beyond the street address. He didn't know if it was east or west off of I-40 from I-77. Then he wanted to know my home address, and gave me some unusual sounding directions that resulted in my getting pretty lost. When I finally made it to the hotel, Kourtland even had trouble telling me the location of my room, then looked for a map that took longer than one might think. A nice enough guy, just geographically challenged.

I'd like to recommend this hotel with one caveat. Call for directions while it is still daylight and you are not traveling at 70 mph. And by all means, if Kourtland answers the phone, ask for someone else!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RRichardson
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am glad to read that your overall experience, outside of directions was pleasant. That is what we strive for! I have shared your comments with the team members, especially the housekeepers and breakfast attendants with regards to their due diligence in their effort to maintain the standard! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.