“just okay”

Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was so tired and just wanted to sleep.We drove 6 hours so dropped anchor. Had I known the area I may have chosen differently.The neighborhood was very close to town but it was along a blvd. of businesses and couple of gentlemen's clubs.This was just a place to sleep. We were halfway to destination so we stopped there.Fortunately for them we rolled in at night and no time to see the area till we were there. It was too late to cancel reservation.I didn't like feel of the place at night but it the morning it didn't seem so bad.I don't do well when I am exhausted.The staff was lovely and kind. I really love southern hospitality.

Room Tip: I really wish hotel rooms had drapes that closed kept out light.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear GigiBean_12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 23, 2013

1st time staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Peters Creek and I was very pleased with the service and the condition of my room. Stayed on the bottom floor at the end of the hallway which except for the noise coming from the highway was very comfortable. Very comfortable bed and pillows and very clean bathroom. Fridge and microwave are an added bonus that I always look for when booking my hotel stays. Nice fitness center and breakfast area. LG flat screen TV and nice décor in the room. Will definitely stay here again when I get back in town for business. Most of the major hotel chains were booked in the area and I was surprised to get a nice room for the best price between all of them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review Sir. I have shared your response with our team members and they are anxious to win a 5 out of 5 bullets from you on your next stay. I am proud of my housekeeping team. They most definitely uphold the standard, as is outlined with a very clean bathroom! The condition of your room is practically new as we have completed our entire building renvation as of March, 2013. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We keep many of our guests at this property throughout the year. They always comment on the exceptional service and outstanding quality of this hotel. We always get prompt and professional attention to any special needs our clients have during their stay. Jorge and Tammy in particular provide management and expertise that is exemplary.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Harold L
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Pastor Linder,

It has been almost 10 years now since we have housed your guests from Heavenview UPC. We value not only the business relationship we have with you, but the friendships that we have established over the years with your ministry teams, from the visiting choirs, to youth events, and annual visiting missionaries. Trust that we will continue to uphold our standard and treat them with the same care and respect ,that you have continued to entrust to us, over the years by placing them in our care. Now that our renovations are complete we look forward to this continued relationship, to demonstrate the Holiday Inn Express Brand of excellence that you have described.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have been here over 90 nights so far this year and will likely be here that many more the rest of the year. The staff and their service have been phenomenal! The rooms are always spotless and in the event anything at all out of the ordinary occurs one quick message or phone call and the issue is resolved very quickly. I would recommend this HIE to anyone needing a room in the Triad area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank William W
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you sir for your review. It is encouraging to read that in the long term my team and I have been able to continue to meet your home away from home needs. It is encouraging to the team members when I share reviews like these with them, to remind them that by upholding our commitment to service and quality, that our guests truly do appreciate the hard work they do each day.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first time staying at Holiday Inn Express , due to the sale of my home, I needed a place to stay for a couple of weeks . My experience was great! The staff was friendly and professional, rooms are clean and updated.Management very professional asking and making sure my every need was meet.Breakfast was great ,Housekeeping friendly and also met any need i required, after such along stay it was hard to depart , they made me feel right at home and part of their family, needless this is where I will always stay when I need a home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gena W
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

It was our pleasure to house you during your transition. It is great to read that the staff members had a tremendous positive impact for you during your stay. I have shared your positive comments with the staff members and thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first time staying at Holiday Inn Express on Peters Creek Pkwy and I truly enjoyed it. The staff was very nice and courteous in checking me in. The room was very clean, nice, and bright with all the necessities.The swimming pool was nice and clean and the Lounge area was very nice. The hotel is in a great location surrounded by several diffferent restaurants, and gas stations. Great accomodations! I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you Mary for your response. It is a pleasure to read the great feedback from our guests regarding their stays with us! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with other family. The LOCATION is perfect just off of I40 and close to lots of restaurants and shopping, and just a few miles from the mall. The rooms were clean, the staff courteous and professional! All of my family enjoyed their stay and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We had a king and double- both were great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking time to post an excellent review for our hotel! Graduation is a time of celebration and I am pleased to read that our team was able to deliver the experience you were expecting! I have shared your feedback with the team members to remind and encourage them, that the hard work they do day to day with each and every guest matters in stay experience.

Holiday Inn Experss