“Wonderful.”

Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place is absolutely wonderful. Everything from the staff to the complimentary breakfast is top notch. Clean rooms, comfy beds, great pillows, eggs, pancakes, and cereal. What more could you ask for. The manager, Tonya, was very professional. She was like family for the time of my stay. Always making sure everything was just right? Taking care of the way someone should be. She will, along with the rest of the staff, will always be part of my future stays. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your excellent rating of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff members to remind them that the hard work they do each day is reflected in each of these excellent comments.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. It was a great location because it was near I-40
and my daughter's home. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was pleasantly decorated and very clean. The bed was comfortable. One big plus is breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Mrs. Summers for your excellent rating. I am glad that your event went well and the staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently participated in the Winston-Salem Relay for Life and stayed here the night before. Our room was huge, but the furniture was a little scary. The pull out couch was old and dirty, so my friend and I ended up having to share the one bed. Neither of us slept very well. The bathroom was very spacious, which was a welcome change from the normal small hotel bathrooms. However, the towels felt like sandpaper. The biggest problem we had with the room was the noise from the interstate. It was constantly loud and it felt like we were laying in the middle of traffic. The staff wasn't very friendly. Not once, during our stay, did any staff member do so much as smile at us. It wasn't welcoming at all.

I will say that there was a beautiful outdoor pool, on the property. I wish we had been able to squeeze a swim, into our stay. It is hard to find outdoor pools, at hotels, anymore. It was great to see one!

I probably would not return to this hotel, but then again, everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

After reading your response I am surprised to have read your comments. We have recently completed our ENTIRE building renovation as of March, 2013 so I can assure you that the Queen Size Sleeper sofas in all of our King rooms are not old. They were delivered brand new in January, 2013. I will forward your comments about them to my housekeeping manager for her to look at. This is the first comment I have seen in the last few months that a guest was unhappy with our staff members. I will share your feed back with them, as this is not the case on a regular basis. Again, I apologize that the noise from the highway was an issue, it is one of the most common complaints I receive being that we are a highway hotel. Overall, we had an excellent turnout from the relay for life event and look forward to the event being in town again next year.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Thanks so much to Jorge and his staff for a wonderful business meeting! His group was ready and willing to make sure that the meeting room was prepared and comfortable, the breakfast was great, and the service was magnificent!! We travel frequently for business and were more than pleased with the down-home atmosphere that we encounted in Winston-Salem. He was also wonderful to accommodate many of the changes and questions we had about the area. Great place and I woudl highly recommend it for either business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you Angel for your kind words. It was our pleasure to host this function for you. The business relationship we have with your company has been a long lasting one. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your function and for fantastic feedback of our staff and services! We look forward to your next visit with us here in Winston Salem, and we will uphold the commitment we provided on your last meeting.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed for over a month at this hotel for work in Winston. It's convenient to I-40, Hanes Mall, a ton of restaurants, and other types of entertainment. The staff were friendly, the breakfast wasn't bad, and the hotel was clean. Any problems I had were addressed quickly by the staff, and despite its proximity to all of downtown Winston's conveniences, the noise and traffic weren't bad at all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, particularly anyone passing through on I-40.

I can't wait to go back and ride the elevator.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin A
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your positive review.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

i was going to be in town for a couple of days, and had looked at a few other locations. i even spoke to another and gave them my info, then my girlfriend recommended i look into this place because it wasn't so close to the mall traffic. after phoning them and just asking about prices and of course the location of the hotel, i made my reservation to stay there. the staff was super nice, and the accommodations were just what i needed to get rest. im just a good ole boy from the sticks and i dont like noise or traffic. it was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments with regards to our establishment. We are thankful for comments that are reflective of our positive changes with regards to our entire building renovation. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel to stay at I was there for over a month for military training. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and the beds were just right. It is in a great location close to alot of restaurants and the Hanes Mall. I really enjoyed stay there for an extended amount of time. I highly recommend for anyone looking for a hotel in this area to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have the 5-113th stay with us during your pre-deployment phase to Egypt. Thank you for your service.