Recently participated in the Winston-Salem Relay for Life and stayed here the night before. Our room was huge, but the furniture was a little scary. The pull out couch was old and dirty, so my friend and I ended up having to share the one bed. Neither of us slept very well. The bathroom was very spacious, which was a welcome change from the normal small hotel bathrooms. However, the towels felt like sandpaper. The biggest problem we had with the room was the noise from the interstate. It was constantly loud and it felt like we were laying in the middle of traffic. The staff wasn't very friendly. Not once, during our stay, did any staff member do so much as smile at us. It wasn't welcoming at all.
I will say that there was a beautiful outdoor pool, on the property. I wish we had been able to squeeze a swim, into our stay. It is hard to find outdoor pools, at hotels, anymore. It was great to see one!
I probably would not return to this hotel, but then again, everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a virtual tour of the hotel.Looking for that home away from home while travelling? Our Holiday Inn Express in Winston Salem, NC is just what you re looking for. We are conveniently located directly off Interstate 40 at exit 192, or Business 40 exit 5-A (head south). We feature free high speed ethernet and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. We have microwave and minifridges in most of our guest rooms. Enjoy our complimentary business and fitness centers to keep you up to date and in shape. In the area for business? We are located just minutes from the following Winston Salem companies: Krispy Kreme Headquarters, Wachovia and BB&T corporate headquarters in downtown Winston Salem. The Benton Convention Center, Wake Forrest University, Winston Salem State University, North Carolina School of the Arts, Department of Transportation, Salem College, Baptist Hospital , Forsyth Hospital and the VA Hospital in Winston Salem, NC. High Point Furniture Market is only about 30 miles from the hotel. In the area for leisure? We are located near the following leisure attractions: The Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum (LJVM), Old Salem tourist community, Tanglewood Park, Hanes Mall, Reynolda House, and Sciworks (just to name a few). In addition, we just finished a complete renovation of our property March 2013!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Hotel Winston Salem
- Holiday Inn Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Holiday Inn