“A little noisy but great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Two nite stay, first time at this hotel. A little awkward in having 2 U-turn in and out. Right next 2 the freeway which was very convenient and close to Hanes Mall, eateries and other points of interest. The hotel was very clean and my room was perfect. The beds are great, big medium firm 2 soft pillows--I slept like a baby. The morning breakfast is free and much more than just an overload of carbs n coffee. Scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juices was really great and started the day off right. Bathroom was clean and oversized with large towels. No complaints - I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments. I have shared them with the staff members to remind and encourage them, that the hard work they do, does reflect greatly with our guests, to make your stay a positive one each and every time.

General Manager, MBA

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This property is nice, clean and well run, but suffers from "location issues". Nestled close to Peters Creek & the interstate, the noise and light come from everywhere. If like me you like to get out and walk to dinner, the location lacks there as well. The room I had was huge by HIE standards, but the bed was right under the stairwell and I heard every footstep on the stairs all night long. The neighboring room switched on the bathroom fan at 5am, and it sounded like the fan motor was in my room.

• Stayed: March 2013
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments about how pleased you were with the size and space of our rooms as well as the 5 out of 5 with room cleanliness. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team and they are grateful for your kind words. With regards to the bathroom fan I have addressed it with maintenance for them to lubricate the spindle on it to reduce any noise it will make for future guests. And with any of our guests I would welcome you back to try another of our rooms since my team and I have demonstrated that we provide a clean and well kept up property.

General Manager, MBA

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Say here every year. Great location, friendly and accommodating staff, everything you need in rooms, got a great night's sleep. Will stay here again and again.
Would recommend this hotel to any traveler. Lobby is neat with it's high ceilings. From 3rd floor hall you can look down into lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed here once a month for the last five years but may have to rethink my lodging choice as they have become non smoking. I can understand some people needing non smoking rooms, but as a road warrior that spends over 100 nights a year in hotels I appreciate having a choice.

Since Marriott went 100% smoke free, I have not stayed in one since. There are other Holiday Inn Express locations in town that are smoke free.

This is Winston Salem home of RJ Reynolds TOBACCO Company.

• Stayed: February 2013
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Making the decision to go 100% nonsmoking was a strategic decision that was necessary for the size of our building. I want to thank you for the 4 of 5 score and inform you that if you are a priority club member the Full Service Holiday Inn on University Parkway does still offer a smoking floor. The comfort Inn that is next to it also has smoking rooms available.

Thank you again for your most recent visit with us and I trust that the Holiday Inn will meet your expectations for a smoking preference.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

travelling for 3 weeks with my parents across US…So a lot of hotels!

Bed was a bit worn out, i had to change rooms as the AC was screeching so loud you could hear it as you walked up to the room! Breakfast was a bit below par, no teabags ( and i asked!) no apple juice, no bacon. clean and acceptable, but the junction in and out was a bit hairy, and as a stopover it was fine, nothing more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear brammo,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noisy air conditioning and the poor breakfast selection. We will address this and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nice clean room, good breakfast, staff very friendly, hotel location was made getting to training we were in Winston Salem to attend very easy, good resturants nearby, easy on and off I 40 rooms were large, showers had excellent pressure, we stayed at another Hotel in Winston Salem this past weekend and regretted not being at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Curtis O
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. As always we strive for our guests to leave happy and satisfied with their stay with us.

Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Me and a few friends stayed at the Holiday Inn express last weekend (Aug 10th) I was very satisfied with my room however my friend in 204 was very disappointed because it didn't have a refrigerator. We had food we had to keep cold because we had a picnic on Saturday. We went downstairs and talked to front desk (Billy). He understood and accommodated my friends. I'm writing because I have been a priority member for a long time. My friends had chosen another hotel down the street and I convinced them to come with us to HDI express. Thank you Billy for the great customer service and because of you my friends are now Priority members.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We thank you for your kinds words. I have spoken with Billy and thanked him for his positive contribution to our business.

Holiday Inn Express