$102
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$81
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$125
$114
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$93
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$84
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$95
Brookstown Inn(Winston Salem)
$119
Brookstown Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$75
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $88/night.

Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
$259
Hotels.com
All reviewspeters creekenjoyed a great breakfastoff the highwayroom was cleanfamily visitplace to sleepwould definitely stay here againbiscuits and gravycomfortable staymyrtle beachoutdoor poolbreakfast barstaff was very friendlyeasy accessparking lotconvenient locationhie
Reviewed April 30, 2012

It looks like I booked a standard room by error. In my case, this meant a smoking room. While I do not remember booking a standard room, I could have. So, assuming this was my error, I stayed the night. However, the same night I checked in I told them I was shortening my stay to just the one night vs the two booked. They still charged me for both nights even though their cancellation policy does not address shortening a stay. It only covers no shows. Despite multiple efforts, this is still not resolved and is headed for a legal resolution based on principle.

Of interest, you can cancel up until 6 pm of your first night but any notice of changing the length of stay is inadequate unless done before checking in. Also, the night I did not stay there they were still sold out. So, my leaving actually made them more money than they could have earned. These people don't know what customer service is all about.

I wish I had looked at Tripadvisor first before booking. Looks like I am not the only one to be taken or, in this case, the attempt to do so.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel even if you have to travel further!
Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Jim T,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express on Peter's Creek Pkwy in Winston-Salem, NC was clean and comfy. The breakfast was more than what I expected with hot scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravey plus much more. It was a central location to most activities in Winston-Salem. Very short drive to Old Salem; about 3 miles. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pattyrodeo
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days while visiting family for Thanksgiving and check in/out was quick. All Staff members/guest were very friendly. King Leisure room was spacious & clean with micro/fridge/coffee maker. Heat/AC was also good. Complimentary express breakfast was truly "hot food" + cold cereal, bagels, toast, etc.(which we enjoyed every morning).
Hotel has easy access to I-40 east/west and is near shopping malls w/major dept. stores (JCP/Macy's/Dillards/Sears/Walmart/Lowes). Also nearby are plenty of resturants to please anybodys taste buds. We will stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: If you like the sound of traffic, even # rooms face I-40
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were on our way to the Outer Banks and decided to spend the night to break up the long trip. The Holiday Inn Express was the perfect place for us. It was just off the highway and easy to find. The room was clean with a great King Bed. They had a pool in the back and some friendly efficient people on the desk. They got us in our room quickly. The price of $89.00 was most appealing for the quality of the room and was perfect for travellers passing through looking for a nice place to rest up for the drive the next day. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling though Winston Salem.

Room Tip: Get a room with a King bed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CoobaJake
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is just average. It's not as nice as other Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed in. Our room and bathroom felt out-of-date, particularly the furniture and light fixtures. The value is good though, and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was nice. The hallways and the lobby are clean and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple