“Fun Place, GREAT value”
Review of Bob's Big Gas Subs & Pub - CLOSED

Bob's Big Gas Subs & Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: (336)724-6600, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bobs-Big-Gas-Subs-Pub/131273390249869
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I love the variety of sandwiches. They are well thought out. They have personality and flavor. The drinks are varied, plentiful and very reasonably priced. The restaurant is locally owned by native North Carolinians. The downside, the bread is completely generic, airy, without personality. The service is hit or miss. I have been several times- it is AMAZING, or you have to go to the counter to ask them to bring your drinks. Mostly amazing though. The lighting is also weird. Crazy bright on one side. Dim and dark on the other.

There are newer reviews for Bob's Big Gas Subs & Pub

Reviewed January 28, 2012

This restaurant is rated #2 for Winston Salem, but I don't understand what all the hype is about. I had a turkey sandwich--it was nothing special. I would seriously go to Subway before I would come back here. To top it off, the person who took my order wasn't nice. Luckily, they did have wait staff who were very courteous.

Bottom line, if you're curious enough to go here and find out for yourself and you don't like it, the Gelato Cafe is just down the street, so you can get some top-rated gelato to make the trip worthwhile.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband, friend and I had dinner here last night. We sat in the bar area and the bartender was very friendly and fun! The space is fairly large and has an outside area with tables. Seemed to be a regular hang out for several customers and I can see why. Easy going pace with great beer selections and really good sandwiches. My friend and I both had The Sassy Kat loaded with meats and cheese and good bread. My husband had the triathelete and he said it was quite good. We also shared some fried pickles and sweet potato fries with sauces that were very good. The prices were very reasonable and the location is good and I love the gas station idea! Will return in the spring and sit outside.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stopped in on our way home for the holiday weekend. Wanted some place easy to access from the interstate. Found this place through the reviews on TripAdvisor. We stopped in around 1:00 on Thursday. We received excellent service and recomendations from the owner. I had soup & sandwich of the day & my husband had the sloppy pete. All of our food was excellent. Can't say enough good things about the place & now have a great place to stop on our trips home to East Carolina.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

As I haven't lived in WS/NC in 40yrs I checked here for advice. Bob's was (then) rated #2. (Since #'s 1 & 3 appeared to be $30/ entry I chose Bob's). I clicked on the attached link to see the menu. As I wish ALL restaurants would do, Bob's listed each ingredients of each sandwich on it's menu. The Triathlete had roast beef , Black Forest ham, Chi pole mayo ,avocado, and Havarti cheese. I wasn't to keen about the avocado , but since it WAS #2 I'll try it. The service is walk up and order but if you want a beer,(of over 50 to choose from) the tip is to order in the bar to have only 1 check. I was wrong about the avocado ,it smoothed out the mayo. Overall the food was the best value for the price I've had this year.