“Just OK BBQ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just Ok nothing special for the price. Need to work on the BBQ sauce and sides to become a well respected Q joint.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Its not the type of bbq I am used to. Its okay though. Its a nice establishment and if you eat in you get a pickle or some ice cream for free. The parking is very congested seeing as therye connected to a starbucks. Rare to find a parking spot and therye sooo small its hard to get in.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

After reading some of the mixed reviews on this place, my wife and I were a little skeptical in trying it out. While BBQ tends to be a personal and very biased experience, I like to think of myself as an unbiased appreciator who holds no allegiance to any particular region or style of BBQ. I was just looking for good BBQ at a fair price with friendly service. Dickey's had all 3. For 11 bucks I stuffed my face with some pretty darn good food, period. The BBQ was very tasty, the brisket tender and flavorful, and the green beans tasted like my mommas. There are 3 sauces kept warm, so you could pile as much of it as you think necessary. I was convinced by the friendly lady behind the counter to try the Brunswick Stew as a side. She told me to bring it back if I didn't like it. Hell if I did. The stew was delicious and I had to fight my wife for the last bite. The only miss for me was the mac and cheese, as it was too creamy and I prefer some texture. The final pleasantry was the free ice cream cone they offer. Unfortunately, I couldn't try it, as I was trying to finish my platter. Next time I'm in Winston Salem you better believe I will be visiting Dickey's Barbeque.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

While some people think Dickey's doesn't have some originality than do and I don't agree on some of the stuff people say on here the portion of meat is what it should be you go to any other barbecue place and you are going to get less because they are weighing the sauce as well they do not put sauce on there me unless you want it. The Brunswick stew is also Dickey's recipe and is made in the restaurant it is not pre packaged. There quality of meat is wonderful and the pork does not have fat in it while some people will say the craziest things it is not true.

Reviewed July 21, 2012