“Not Bad!”

Cuisines: Mexican
San Antonio, Texas
“Not Bad!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

As a Texan, I feel qualified to rate a Mexican food place. This restaurant is across the street from the Brookstown Inn. The food was good for North Carolina Mexican food.

Visited February 2014

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food terrible service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is really good and the menu is huge. My favorite as well as my friends favorites is the Burrito Califonia. Definitely go here during lunch because it is 2-3$ cheaper than dinner. Nachos Bravo is another favorite that comes with shrimp steak and chicken! Service is a hit or miss. Once you get your food you will be forgotten. I return because of the great price and food, however the waiters make this a 4 instead of 5.

High Point, North Carolina
“...might as well go to Taco Bell”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Average.....at best. Was recommended by a business associate - and wow, their standards must be low! Went on a Sunday afternoon - very few people in the restaurant - and yet, the service was below par. Nothing memorable about the food, either. Decor was typical - but on the way to the restroom - it appeared as if the back part of the restaurant was being used for storage - very cluttered. I won't be back. For comparable quality, etc. - just go to Taco Bell. Otherwise, for quality Mexican - opt for Mi Pueblo!!

• Visited October 2013
north carolina
“Great Food, Horrible Service!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Mixed reviews on how I feel about this restaurant. Food is very good, but staff makes the experience not worth going out. My family has been going there for a couple of years and sometimes the owner Sal and his staff will make you feel very welcomed and the next time they give you the cold shoulder. They seem to be more attentive to large groups and ignore the smaller tables. The older waitress (not the owners wife) is borderline rude. She is not very attentive and comes across as being sarcastic. Margaritas taste watered down, with very little alcohol. This place is a buzz kill all the way around.

• Visited October 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Will not ever go back!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I live right across the street, and have been here several times. I love mexican food, and honestly their food is decent, especially with it being located within walking distance. They are known for horrible service, but you just kinda take it for what it is. I know going in what it is going to be like since I frequent the place once or twice every two weeks. It is family owned with all staff being family. The owner is nice but doesnt work nights so he isnt aware of the horrible service, and I am sure he is, but again, you kinda know it going in. The staff watches television in the dining room, while you are waiting to give them your drink or food order.

Anyways, I will say, I have had it and will not go back. This is the second time within a month I have ate dinner with rats. Do not eat outside, last night had me and my friend standing on a chair while the rat ran around for 10 minutes. The server stood inside in clear view of us watching a soccer game on television, and looked over and never came outside. As once as the rat ran away, we ran inside. We had just got our food and didnt even hardly touch. They expected us to pay and just said we will tell manager. The sanitary score when we looked at register is a 90. The time before this was a month ago, and the exact same thing happened. So disappointed!!! This could be a great establishment if they cleaned the place up, and hired and trained new servers. After the first experience of seeing the rat, my friends said they wouldnt go back but I gave another chance. Never again! Now I will have to find a new mexican restaurant.

• Visited September 2013