“Excellent Hibachi”

Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent Hibachi”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Needed a quick take-out meal while at a conference in Winston-Salem and this place came highly recommended. I ordered the Hibachi salmon meal and was extremely impressed! The salmon wasn't chopped like at most hibachi places, but rather it was a whole filet that was beautifully cooked and delicious. In addition to the salmon, the meal came with a salad, soup, rice, and hibachi vegetables. All of the food was fantastic and the price was just right. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013

Lewisville
“Incredible!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hands down the best sushi/Japanese in Winston!!! They have very creative dishes and everything always tastes fresh. I've been going there for about a year now and I haven't tried anything I don't like. They also have a better selection of vegetarian sushi (I know, I know...it's an oxymoron lol) than any other place around. I'm not a vegetarian, but my father is and he is also very selective about restaurants and he loves this place. My 13 yr old daughter requests Mizu at least once a week. :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Emily M
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Creative sushi and a good value”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Mizu has some creative options on its sushi menu that are worth trying. The sushi is good, not great, but I haven't found a better option in Winston-Salem. The Udon soup makes a great meal too.

• Visited July 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best sushi in Winston Salem”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Winston Salem for about 5 years now and one thing is clear, sushi isn't high on everyone's list of things to eat, HIBACHI certainly is, but not sushi!! After basically giving up on good sushi we settled into what we could find but never really wanted to go out for it much. Well after reading some reviews on Mizu we decided to give it a shot, and what a pleasant surprise we found. Located in an unassuming strip mall, the small restaurant can crank out some awesome sushi. We were really impressed with everything we ate, we ordered the Love Boat for 2 and 2 other rolls which were great! We will be back for SURE!!

Visited August 2013
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Very Average”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having been in Winston Salem for the first time, I do what I always do when looking for a place to eat, consult TripAdvisor. My son wanted to eat at an hibachi style restaurant and the first one that popped up in the area was Mizu. I called to ask about reservations and to confirm that they were not crowded and was informed they did have hibachi style dining. Upon arrival we were informed that they did not have hibachi style dining much to the disappointment of my 10 year old. It seemed like such a simple question when I called. We sat down without a wait and ordered. My wife got a sushi roll, my son beef fried rice and I ordered 2 sushi rolls and squid salad. My sushi was not very good. One of the rolls was very average while one was boarder line inedible. My wife also said that her roll was at best average. My sons fried rice was a very small portion, so much so, we had to order what they called hibachi steak. Again average at best. I guess living on the Gulf Coast I am used to some pretty good sushi and my wife family being Vietnamese, well I have had some pretty good fried rice in my day. Maybe the middle of North Carolina is not where I should expect good sushi. Maybe I will try bar b q sushi next time.

• Visited June 2013