“Blizzard of Meat”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located in Downtown Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Rae and Mark put the energy into this place from the moment you walk in.
Pros: Rae helpful with menu selections.
Ribs tender and tasty even without the sauce.
Brisket flavorful.
Good selection of sides. Onion rings and toast very good.
Decent price.
Service is first rate.

Cons
None

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Good burger packed with meat. Be ready to eat a lot if you order this. Fried were also some of the best I have ever had.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Lady (may have been manager) greeted us and offered to help go over the menu. Food was great and she also made sure we were taken care of and said goodbye.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

Edible but not near the top of the list when it comes to all the amazing NC bar-b-q. Greasy fries, somewhat flavorless pork (had to soak it in sauce), removed the bland bun, OK slaw and the hush puppies had an unusual taste that I could not put my finger on until my dining partner said "these puppies taste like Thanksgiving dressing".... not horrible but I prefer my dressing with turkey and cranberry sauce.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the pulled pork plate. I took a few bites and it tasted exactly like pulled ham. I took it back and the gal said that it was indeed their pulled pork and that it did taste like ham. How can that be? They had ham also on the menu. Hush puppies quite greasy. Slaw and squash delish.