“Great downtown BBQ”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in Downtown Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had the brisket and pulled pork...delicious. Hush puppies were awesome. Fast service and great downtown atmosphere.

1  Thank nctraveler_12

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Ordered my meal and did not get what I ordered on 5/23/14 at 5:15 pm I made sure to ask the girl at the counter and she stated that I would get that but when plate come I did not get what I asked for and paid for then to make long story short the manager would not make it good and gave no apologies, I was just shorted half my meal with no recourse even from management. He walked off and never even said I am sorry or give me the rest of what I ordered. Will never go back there.

4  Thank Ava N Greg R
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I finally gave Bib's Downtown a try since I had heard so much about their barbecue. I tried the brisket and my husband had ribs. The cost was almost $30 and we had to order at the front and were brought food with plastic utensils. Both proteins were mediocre at best and the sides we chose were not even worth finishing. There were three burnt hush puppies as well as two slices of soggy toast on the plate, which is apparently standard. Drinks are in styrofoam cups and self serve. Busing the tables are also do it yourself, which seems ridiculous for those prices in Winston-Salem. So with so-so food that is better in other places, it seems ridiculous to pay for no service or even silverware. Two thumbs down for this one.

2  Thank thisisrocky11
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This restaurant has nice upbeat cheerful atmosphere, they even had a gentleman playing music on a guitar when we were in on Saturday around lunch time. The decor is right on for a BBQ restaurant and the service is very good. However the food left a little to be desired which was somewhat pricey. Both the ribs and the smoked chicken were overcooked and somewhat dry. The sides were a different story, with the potato salad and collard greens being very tasty.

2  Thank pjkiss
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

You know it's good when you're over halfway done and haven't touched your beer! Two of us split the three meat plate with pulled pork, brisket, and smoked dark meat chicken. All of the meat was delicious. Equally good was the bib's beans (can I get the recipe?) and the hush puppies (best I've ever had). Can't beat the prices - $25 with two beers and an extra side!