“Had to Try some Brisket”
Review of Bib's Downtown

Bib's Downtown
Ranked #28 of 673 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in Downtown Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had seen some people of FaceBook talking about Bib's so this weekend my husband and I checked it out. Very casual place with friendly people. I am a die hard Lexington BBQ fan so I will have to rate it as just ok. I had the brisket which was pretty good although just barely warm. The fries rock though!! Fresh, fresh, fresh! You only get three hush puppies! The plate is also served with texas toast. Don't know why you need bread with hushpuppies.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had the brisket which was surprisingly dry. The portion was really small too. The fries were yummy and helped fill up the plate. Not a very good value though for $10 + tip for that and a drink.

2  Thank Livewiretrading
Reviewed December 20, 2013

A few colleagues and I came here for lunch recently and wow! I was really pleasantly surprised by how good everything was! The restaurant is super casual and the staff were all really nice. I had the pulled pork plate with mac and cheese and red cole slaw. It was delicious! Not to mention the amazing hush puppies! There's definitely a secret ingredient in them (poultry seasoning? pepper? something!) that makes them seriously delicious. I devoured my plate.

I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Out of town on business wanting to take some food back home and stopped here after hearing they had good N.C. Bar B Q. I got a pound of minced and a half rack of ribs with three orders of hushpuppies. Everything was good although it was a bit pricey for the portions. They sell local beer also (and it was available on Sunday) that you can take with you.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

You order from a counter and then they bring you your meal. Its good its inexpensive. They have all the typical BBQ offerings. Chicken, brisket, pulled pork. I also liked the potato salad and baked beans.
The problem I had was that nothing was served very warm. half way thru dinner everything was cold. We got there about a hour before they closed.

1  Thank getsmart