“Good food and reasonable prices”
Review of Bib's Downtown

Bib's Downtown
Ranked #29 of 661 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located in Downtown Winston-Salem, NC
Carlisle, Ohio, United States
“Good food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The food was good, portions were generous and the staff was very pleasant. Low to moderate price and nice for a casual lunch or dinner near downtown.

Visited August 2013

Floyd, Virginia
“Excellent BBQ and Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We occasionally travel to Winston-Salem and after seeing so many great recommendations on Trip Advisor we decided to check out Bib's Downtown BBQ...and boy, oh boy, are we glad that we did?!

We ordered the two-meat platters which was more than enough food for even the heartiest of appetites. The pulled pork was moist and had fantastic flavor. The beef brisket was truly a melt in your mouth experience and the smoked BBQ chicken fell of the bone with each bite. We both agreed that the hushpuppies were among the best we've ever eaten. The Bib's Beans were mediocre but probably could have been greatly improved if cooked longer. The Macaroni and Cheese was nothing special and disappointingly basic. The red slaw was wonderful! Decor and atmosphere was great and very clean. Service was top notch and kudos to the live guitarist who was entertaining diners when we visited! Overall this was a great experience and we will definitely be back next time we're in Winston-Salem.

• Visited August 2013
Advance, North Carolina
“Dining room needs soundproof ceiling tiles installed.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Since Bib's recently won the Pit Masters contest in Alabama, their business is booming! We recently dined there on a Saturday night, and the noise in the dining room was almost unbearable. There are no ceiling tiles in the dining room because it used to be a tire shop. I would recommend to the owners of Bib's to invest in some soundproof ceiling tiles to deaden the extremely loud noise. We quickly finished our meal and left because we were getting a headache from yelling at each other while trying to carry on a normal conversation. Probably won't go back to dine in. :( I would imagine the Bib's wait staff will eventually suffer hearing loss due to regular exposure to such loud noise.

• Visited July 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Ribs anywhere, Love Pittmasters Winner!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I live in Winston, and I have to be honest, I never tried Bibs until I seen that they were going to be competing on BBQ Pittmasters show, so when we went to the Ribfest we tried their ribs and they were GREAT! So we decided to stop by their location and we ordered a Full Rack and their seasoned fries,hushpuppies that came with them were awesome as well. They make a strawberry lemonade that we couldn't stop drinking. Some reviewers have said that Bibs is pricey but for the quality of food, I thought the price was just right. Our family loves ribs and this was the best by a long shot. The waitresses were sweet and we got a chance to talk to "Pig Daddy" and congratulate him. Really sweet people, Really great food, just finger licking good!

• Visited July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“I've eaten a lot of BBQ and this tops the list”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food at Bibs is the best BBQ I have ever eaten. I've been to a great deal of BBQ restaurants in the country and this stands out at the top. I had the three meat platter, which is plenty to fill-up even the biggest eater. The brisket was top notch and the ribs were out of this world. My fiance is a pseudo vegetarian and she was picking meat off my plate. I highly recommend Bibs.

• Visited June 2013