“Had to check it out”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in Downtown Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I are about an hour away from Winston and when we go "into town" we carefully choose our restaurant for the evening because we are trying out a different one each time. Decided to go to Bib's this week based on some TV segment on it that we saw. Truthfully, we were both disappointed after all the "hype." I had the pulled pork sandwich and potato salad which I would describe as fairly good but not memorable. My husband ordered the sliced pork and said it was overcooked and didn't have much taste. I rarely find a hushpuppy I do not like, but could not eat these. They had a lot of pepper in them and a very different flavor. Some may like their uniqueness, but I did not. Again, may try it one more time and order something different, but not sure...

2  Thank Ginger0908

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This restaurants stands out in a region that has many standout "barbeque" places ("pulled pork"). They have excellent pork barbeque but, what separates them from the competition is their range of excellent offerings including beef brisket, ribs, smoked sausage and their own version of jumbo chicken wings which are to die for. In my opinion, they have the best hushpuppies in the area, and all their sides are excellent. The food order is placed on one end of the restaurant and you will be given a post with a number. Food will be delivered to your table when ready. Appropriate beverages, including locally popular ales and a few wines are offered. Price is reasonable. I've eaten at Bibb's a few times and plan to eat there a few more times!

2  Thank LMDominguez
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was visiting my nephew and his family and being from Boston, I always ask about good ribs when I get south of the Mason-Dixon Line. My nephew pointed us towards takeout from Bibs and three racks later, we were one very happy family - meatiest ungreasiest ribs I ever had with a nice barbecue flavor but not overwhelmed by the sauce. These were as good as ribs get. Moreover - our order was delayed because it fell into the wrong hands first time around - so the shift foreman threw in a ten dollar gift card as an apology. Great ribs and very nice people.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow! Bib's is one of our favorite downtown eateries. I have also used their catering service for my husband's retirement party. Love their wraps because I can get them with dark chicken meat. My husband loves their pulled pork and says it's his absolute favorite. The dining area is always clean, but it gets a little loud when there are lots of people there and the guitarist is playing in the corner. Great place if you have lots of screaming kids - LOL! The wait staff is very attentive to your needs. On a side note: the hushpuppies are a little spicy for me, so I pop in a few Tums afterwards. And....the collard greens are a little, let's just say, weird. But, we continue to go to Bib's on a very regular basis 'cuase it's good!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I did not care for the quality of the meat. Winston-Salem and the nearby "Barbeque Capital" --Lexington, top all barbecue cuisine.

2  Thank Laurie P