“Really good, an unexpected find in downtown.”
Review of Bib's Downtown

Bib's Downtown
Ranked #23 of 661 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located in Downtown Winston-Salem, NC
North Carolina
“Really good, an unexpected find in downtown.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The service was excellent and the food was excellent. We had barbeque, tenderloin, and sliced turkey. All were tender and very good. The fries were excellent adn the other vegetables were good. The mac & cheese was slightly dry but might have been because of the lateness of the hour. The restaurant is loud with people coming in and out oof the sidewalk but it's a fun place for families and large groups and I recommend it. Really, the food was much better than I expected and I look forward to coming back!

• Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Right food, limited atmosphere”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Bib's was recommended to me as THE place for BBQ if you're stuck in downtown Winston-Salem (note this excludes the near suburbs). I would not have been disappointed but it came so widely recommended that I expected a bit more. On the positive side, the food was well-cooked with my particular recommendation preferring the pulled pork over some of the meats I tried. The staff was excellent with both their ability to recommend a newcomer's plate as well as attentively returning to the table for drink refills, plate clearing, etc. even though this was an order-at-the-counter kind of place. On the downside, the place lacked a bit of that BBQ place atmosphere you expect with an open, new-feeling aseptic feel that didn't quite match the food. Again, these are all minor points. All in all a good place to grab a bite, but I don't know if I would be sending out-of-towners here as a matter of principle.

• Visited November 2012
Yankee in the south
“Smokin'”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Bibb's is the only Texas style barbecue joint in a very traditional barbecue region. All of their meats, including pork ribs, pork shoulder, brisket, chicken and turkey are slow cooked in a special oven over a slow hickory fire. I've seen these ovens out West in Texas and New Mexico. The results are very tasty indeed. The hush puppies are truly exceptional and I favor the pork ribs but its all worth going for. Though you order at the counter, the staff brings your food and is very attentive. There was live music one time, a very competent jazz guitarist.

My only gripe is the background noise level owing to hard surfaces so I have given up trying to have business lunches there. They also have party/banquet facilities that look very nice.

• Visited October 2012
nc
“Typical NC BBQ place but worth a visit.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Even a typical BBQ place in NC good. On the day I went, I thought my ribs were very greasy but my pals loved their food. The potato salad was yummy. Very casual decor. Good place for families and a bbq fix.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank mommamiya
Woodstock, Georgia
“Good ribs and brisket.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for Sunday lunch. Service was fast, dining room well attended to by a lady who checked on us throughout. Good experience, will go back.