“Best gelato in Winston!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating
NC
“Best gelato in Winston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wonderful gelato! Awesome selection of flavors!

It's at the bottom of a condo building, so the drawback is finding parking. You only have street parking, but can find a place if you drive around the block to look for one.

Hubby and I had peanut butter cup & our daughter had snickerdoodle. They also have pastries, which were of enormous size. One pastry can easily be shared by 2 people.

If in the downtown area, definitely stop by & try some gelato!

Visited November 2013

Yankee in the south
“Internet cafe done right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a stylish cafe that serves excellent beverages and has a very good selection of gelato. The interior design is attractive and contemporary. There are plenty of nooks in which to retreat with your laptop and also tables to enjoy with friends. The outdoor seating is also a plus.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jodad
Winston-Salem, NC
“I Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Caffe Prada just got awarded best gelato for the fourth straight year so they must be doing something right. I've never commented on these sights before, but when I see reviews that say "I hated it", I sense that "1 review LJ0808" has an ulterior motive. Maybe the competition can't stand the heat. The gelato is made on-site and it's delicious. Creamy and smooth -- lots of different flavors to choose from. You can't possibly be disappointed. And the owners behind the counter are unique characters. So if you don't like them, THEN NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank JackieWinstonSalem
Winston Salem, NC USA
“Not a very welcoming place but the gelato is good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We've only been here a few times - a couple of times for gelato in the summer and a couple of times for latte in the winter. The gelato and the lattes were good. The outdoor seating (although very limited and on the street) is okay for the summer, but we've found the seating inside isn't very comfortable. It isn't a place that's made to linger and I guess that could be on purpose. We certainly didn't get good vibes from the owner - we always feel like we've interrupted him and he's only waiting on us because it's his business. Not warm and fuzzy, but I guess not every place has to be warm and fuzzy. The gelato and the latte is good. For us, though, we like feeling welcome. We would go back here if we were walking or biking past and wanted a gelato, but we wouldn't go out of our way to go back.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gearheart
Winston-Salem,NC
“Gelato was great owner/staff was RUDE/NON_Social”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Paid a hefty sum for the gelato which was ok---gelato--not bad-not good---as expected for the price. Bunch of people hanging out so we took it outside to talk. Signs all over that the restrooms are for customers only.....there (reasonably so) may be a problem with street folks using it.....I came back in- dressed well mind you- and this owner says LOUDLY- HHEEELLLOOOOO!!!! I smiled and kept walking to the restroom. Again he bellows, HHHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I HELP YOU!!?? There were a bunch of customers he was 'helping' who by this time were all staring at HIM- I said, "You just did a minute ago....I now need the restroom......OK!!!!!!!!!!!?" From him a blank stare.
REALLY--- Get a bathroom key if there is such an issue - while you're at it get manners and decorum.

• Visited August 2011