Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for being a valued guest at our hotel. It appears we have exceed your expectations and that is awesome! This is one of my favorite Trip Advisers ever so Thank you!!! I will make sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. We hope that when you are visiting Winston Salem again in the future we will be your choice in hotels.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Spent several nights in this hotel on a recent business trip To Winston Salem, and the hotel was
a newer one and everything was good. Air conditioning was noisy even when it wasn't running
there were mechanical noises emitting from the AC. Smoke alarm was directly over your head when you were in bed and it had a very annoying light shining down toward the bed very annoying when trying to get to sleep. Breakfast was the same as with all Hampton's with the same poor quality food served, biscuits were as hard as bricks, eggs rubberized, the sausage
was good along with the fruit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jhollingsworth11

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience. It appears we have fallen short of your expectations with our hotel in a few areas with the noisy AC, smoke alarm placement, and the quality of our breakfast items. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss these items and on how we can not only meet your expectations, but exceed them. Thank you for being a valued guest at our hotel, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Summer Combs – General Manager – 336 377 3000

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hotel was very clean and the service was excellent. There was plenty for us to choose from for breakfast. Located near restaurants and shopping and an easy drive to WFU or the downtown area. Plan to stay here again next year when we visit the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience while visiting our hotel. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accomodations each and every visit! We are excited to hear we will be your choice of hotels when visiting Winston Salem again. We look forward to the opportunity to continue to earn your business! Thank you for being a valued guest!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Location is convenient with lots of places to eat within walking distance. The staff were helpful and friendly. The lady who worked the breakfast area has a great personality and was very helpful to the younger guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for being a valued guest at our property! Our hotel is conveniently located near shopping and restaurants and we hope that you were able to take advantage of that while visiting. Our breakfast staff takes pride in providing not only great food, but service as well. I have shared your comments with the staff at our morning huddle! Thank you for giving us valuable feedback, and we hope when you visit our area in the future we will be your choice in hotels.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My family and I were traveling on vacation and always book a room in the Winston-Salem Area right of route 52. We have stayed at another area hotel and security and service was horrible, so we looked elsewhere and decided to stay at this facility. From the time we entered and I expressed our safety concerns, which were addressed immediately, to the continental breakfast before leaving we had a safe and pleasant stop, with a restful night of sleep to continue our trip. Thank you for everything.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to let us and other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. We truly strive to provide great service, comfortable rooms and accommodations to each and every guest. We understand that when traveling it is a requirement to make sure you are staying at a place you feel secure and can trust! I am excited to hear this was the case at our property. I will pass along your kind remarks to the Front Desk and Breakfast Staff. We hope that when visiting this area in the future we will be your choice of hotels. We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a very clean and modern hotel, unfortunately it only takes a couple of issues to ruin a good nights rest. For above average hotel with above average price ($ 129+ tax) you'd expect a less noisy ac unit that doesnt blow cold air right into your face even though you're sleeping on the opposite side of the room. I checked the settings on the unti- you can only turn it on and off and regulate the temperature on the thermostat, there is no option to decrease the air flow. But thats only half of the problem. Most frustrating thing was the blanket. The irony is, the last time we stayed at Hampton Inn in Georgia we had the same issue, they had the same type of horrible blanket that is basically filled with synthetic cotton balls that are scattered around and in some areas the blanket is 5" thick and in others its less than half an inch. Not only one part of your body is hot while another part is freezing, but the very concept of a synthetic filler in a blanket is a joke. I'd expect that from a Motel 6 but not from Hilton family. I sincerely wish that a person in charge of the purchasing decisions for this chain tried to sleep under this blanket a few times. Anyway, I ended up sleeping a total of about 4 hours and called front desk about 3 am to find if they had any other blankets, I was told they were all out of them.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel when visiting the Winston Salem Area. From your review it appears we have fallen below your expectations in a few areas with the noisy ac unit and our duvet covers. I would personally like to speak with you regarding these issues. Please call me at your convenience at 336-377-3000. We truly strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to each and every guest. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times over the past year and have always had a great experience. The rooms are quiet and there is not highway noise. Rooms are clean and big. Bed are very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Request room on top (4th) floor - very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for being a loyal guest! We truly value your continued business at our property. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest every time. We hope that when traveling back to the Winston-Salem Area we will be your choice in hotels. Thank you again for the continued opportunity to earn your business!