Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
$97
Doubletree.com
$99
$84
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$72
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$79
All reviewsfront deskwake forestgreat hoteluniversity areaindoor poolroom was cleanthe breakfast areafresh fruita great staydefinitely stay here againoatmealwould highly recommend this hotelmyrtle beachcomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripstaff was very friendly and helpfulcookies
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Enjoyed my stay very much! The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff was wonderful! This is the second time I have stayed here and I would highly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for being a frequent traveler of our hotel. We truly work hard to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. We hope that when you are back in the Winston Salem area you will choose our hotel again. Thank you for being a valued guest!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is very well kept the hotel and it has a very nice entrance which allows for guests to feel at home during the check in and or check out. The staff is always helpful and willing to provide directions to the local attractions. I have stayed in this hotel various times and every time I stay in the hotel, I am always impressed by the quality of service and the cleanliness of the hotel. This hotel is located well for shopping and going out to eat. I look forward to my trips to Winston to stay in the hotel because of the service and quality. The Hampton Inn Quality is living up to its name in this hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I n this hotel are very well kept. I have not had a bad or dirty room at this hotel. The corner rooms are quiet but all of the rooms are very well insulated to prevent the hall noise from bothering the guest.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and telling other travelers about your experience. We strive to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. I will share your comments about the staff at our next team huddle. We hope that when visiting our area again, we will be your choice in hotels. Thank you for being a valued guest!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were traveling in the High Point area when it was hit by an ice storm. We found this hotel after searching for hours. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly. We were able to secure a King room for two nights. The lobby was nicely decorated. The room was roomy, clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and big. The location is perfect near restaurants, stores and freeways. Breakfast featured hot items such as waffles, eggs, and sausage, along with a good selection of cold items. The kitchen staff was very friendly and attentive as well. We had no complaints and were very pleased with our stay. We would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your time in need! Our area was hit by several storms during the month of February and March and we worked hard to make sure each guest felt home away from. We hope that if you ever have a need for a hotel in our area again we will be your choice of hotels. Thanks for the compliments on the breakfast and staffing, and I will be sure to share these at our next team huddle! We look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I never hesitate to look at Hampton Inns first when we travel, and have not been disappointed yet. Such was the case again when we stayed in Winston-Salem for the night last weekend. Check-in was easy and friendly, the room was very clean and appealing. Breakfast was a good selection, replenished frequently. No complaints, and I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. I too and a true Hampton Fan! The brand provides consistent hotels throughout. Thank you for telling us about your experience, and I hope when traveling back to Winston Salem you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We like staying at Hampton Inn and this location generally met our standards for cleanliness and comfort. We had a king room on the third floor (Rm. 305), and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We overlooked a shopping center parking lot and heard no noise from that side or from the hotel halls, but the bathroom door made a loud creaking sound which we didn't notice at first but woke my husband up when I went in the bathroom during the night. Unfortunately, we forgot to mention it to the staff so the same thing happened the second night. (So the lesson is to tell them right away when you notice a problem--probably it could have been fixed with lubrication.)
A bigger problem was the design of the bathroom--not the appearance, which was fine, but the height of the counter, the distance between the edge of the counter and the mirror, the lack of a makeup mirror, and the lack of hand towel rack or hook. The counter was too high for short people, especially with the piece of counter in front of the sink--I am just under 5 feet and had trouble getting close enough to wash my face and brush my teeth. The distance to the mirror meant that I could not see to apply makeup (having a makeup mirror would address this problem). Finally, I really wish hotels would include racks or hooks next to the sink for hand towels, as well as elsewhere in the bathroom for bath towels. The hand towels here are thin to start with, and having to leave them on the often-damp counter rather than having a place to hang them means they need replacement sooner. Similarly, with no place to hang the bath towels I end up leaving them on the floor for replacement each day. This problem is not unique to Hampton--I guess many hotels now are going for the uncluttered look, but it doesn't always work in practice.
Be aware that the bright bathroom light comes on automatically when you enter, unless you remember to push the button to turn it off. This can be startling if you go in during the night. A couple of times we thought we had turned it off but it still came on.
The lobby is attractive and there is plenty of seating in the breakfast area. There is a good variety of hot and cold items--quality varies but it is good enough, considering it is free. A nice touch is that the 24-hour coffee / tea / hot cocoa service in the lobby includes several interesting teas (more like you would see at a bed & breakfast than a typical chain hotel).
Front desk service was OK, though there was not always someone at the desk. (They were probably in the office behind the desk, if needed.) Housekeeping was generally good except that they ignored my request for an extra hand towel (left as a note with a tip after the first night) and actually shorted us by leaving only one hand towel that day (rather than the standard two for two people). Strange, but maybe it was an oversight.
Most places we needed to go were 10-15 minutes drive (downtown W-S and Reynolda Museum and Village).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freedshop

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide great service and friendly accommodations each and every time. We apologize any inconvenience you may have had with the design of our bathroom areas. I understand how this can cause an issue. I will make sure we pass along the information to our corporate office. Thank you again for choosing our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.