Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town for nights on a business trip. This property is your typical Hampton Inn, is just starting to show some aging, and is close to everything. The front desk staff was business friendly, but didn't go out of the way to make you feel comfortable, and the breakfast was above average for a Hampton Inn. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience. We hope that you will visit us in the future. We strive hard to provide a friendly atmosphere and great service every time.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had a rough trip and was looking forward to a comfy bed. We checked in to our King room and I was shocked when we opened the door. The room was beautiful! Tastily decorated and very comfortable!! The room was divided by a desk where the tv could be watched from your bed or the couch on the other side of the room. The bed was so comfy and the linens and duvet are washed after every customer. The complimentary breakfast was also delicious. I would recommend staying here to anyone!! You won't be let down!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about our property. It sounds like you were able to enjoy on of our Jr. Suites. These rooms are divided by a workspace and is perfect for leisure or business. I am the new General Manager at this property and also love the choice in decor. I'm also glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast. We work hard to provide a little something for everyone. We hope that you will visit our hotel again soon and we look forward to you visit again soon.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to having you again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am hit or miss on getting into this hotel because depending on how far I get with sales calls, determines where I get to sleep for the evening. If you don't book in advance, you loose out on this great hotel. My favorite on the north side of downtown - the other hotels at this exit do not even come close to this hotel service and staff. Fairly new and modern design on the inside. Very inviting staff.

As another poster suggested, this hotel is not "IN" the University area, it's a few mile drive. Dining choices here are mostly limited to fast food.

Room Tip: Far enough off the highway that highway noise is not an issue - sits on a hill.
1  Thank orreo5859

I’m glad that you were able to enjoy your visit at our property while visiting the area. Our location is conveniently located to the highway, but far enough away that we do miss the noise which is a nice perk! We work hard to provide great service and accommodations to every guest during their visit to the area. I’m glad that you were able to see our hotel, and we hope that you will come to visit us soon!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. We only spent one night but would not hesitate to stay there again if in the area. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The breakfast had fine choices and everything was fresh.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your stay when visiting Winston Salem, NC. We work very hard to providie excellent service to every guest during their visit to our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed the service we provided while visiting, and I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and found a good variety and freshness. We hope that when visiting Winston Salem again you will choose our hotel!

Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you book this hotel expecting to be within walking, shouting or shooting distance of Wake Forest University, expect to be disappointed. This hotel is a good 3 miles from the Wake campus, making the phrase "University Area" one of least effective descriptions of a hotel I've ever experienced. You are actually going to be in a nondescript suburban shopping area surrounded by chain restaurants and big box retailers. The leafy campus environs are a good ten minutes away.

Which is all too bad, because it's a nice Hampton Inn, very well run and well maintained. I enjoyed the facility, the staff and the breakfast. What I didn't enjoy was thinking I might be somewhere near Wake Forest University when I wasn't. But if that's not an issue, this is a great hotel. The suite they put me in was one of the nicest I've stayed in in quite some time.

Room Tip: If you're on a high floor looking south, you can pretend not to see the Home Depot.
1  Thank lesuerg
Summer C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about our area. I apologize that we were not as close to the University as you would liked! I also understand that other than the location you enjoyed your experience at our property. It is our goal to provide great service and accommodations to every guest during every stay. We hope that when traveling to our area that you will visit us again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed in a king room for two nights. All of the furnishings were clean and newer looking. I liked having a mini-fridge, microwave, and internet access in the room. The shower was spacious and had a very nice showerhead with good water pressure. The breakfast had good choices and the staff was helpful if something needed to be refilled. The front-desk staff was friendly and helpful when we arrived.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Summer C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for visiting our hotel and letting us know how we are doing! We strive to provide great service to every guest during every visit. I am also glad that you were able to take advantage of our mini-fridge and microwaves while visiting. It really makes it feel home away from home when you have everything that you need. Thank you for letting me know about the great service that the breakfast and front desk staff provided during your visit. I will make sure to pass this information along at our next team huddle. I feel it’s very important to share compliments and concerns to the staff. Thank you again for letting us know about your visit and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've stayed here a number of times now, and are always impressed with this hotel. The employees are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast, which is included in the price of the room, offers something for everyone. If you're in a rush, the front desk offers brown bag breakfasts to be picked up on the go. They offer free internet - and it's very easy to log into. The hotel does all it can to ensure a comfortable visit. Great job!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to tell fellow travelers about your experience at our property! It is our goal to provide excellent service and accommodations every time for every guest! I’m glad you were able to take advance of our breakfast and our breakfast on the run! We really do have something for everyone even if you’re in a rush. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future, and I hope to meet you personally one morning at breakfast! Thank you again for staying at our property and letting other travelers know about your experience.