“Was Nice Enough, we went back after a week away”

Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed one night after flying into the Airport in Greensboro. Next day we drove north on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Roanoke, then back into Raleigh, NC. Later that week we still had an extra day to tour around, so we went back to this hotel to see more in the Winston/Salem area before flying out. Nice location, nice room, very comfortable bed, clean room and the breakfast had good choices. The staff tried hard to help with some locations, we were trying to find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Nancy C,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We are happy that you took extra time to see all the wonderful attractions Winston-Salem has to offer. I hope the staff was helpful in finding your destinations in the city.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I drove into the area for business and the staff was very helpful in allowing me to do a early check-in. This was very necessary as I needed the extra space in my car for later that day.
The room (king suite) was very clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast met the needs for both my husband and myself.
The king suite provides the extra space if you need to work and like an area outside of a bed to relax.
I also enjoyed the counter area that housed the coffee maker microwave and small refrigerator.
The sink area is outside of the main bath which is my preference when traveling as a couple or family.
I had stopped using Hampton Inns because they never had a warmth to them but after our stay here, I will look to this brand again.
If in the area, stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

EnjoyingThePlaces,

Thank you so very much for taking time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Uiversity. We are so happy that you found us during your travels and hope we will be able to host you again in the future!

The suites at the hotel are my favorite rooms also for the same reasons you stated.

Safe travels until we see you again!

Director o Sales

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Spent just one night here on our road trip and was very happy with the place. The room was a good size with two of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in away from home. The staff were friendly and welcoming when we arrived, greeting us as if we were long remembered guests rather than first time visitors. There are plenty of restaurants nearby for evening dinner so you should find plenty to you liking within a short drive. The free breakfast was fine with a reasonable choice and lots of it too.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

GTSSurrey

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review and for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites University as your "home away from home" during your travels. It was our pleasure to serve you! We hope to be your first choice anytime you are traveling to Winston-Salem.

Best wishes on all your travels~

DOS

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Last week, I held a two day seminar at Hampton Inn off of University Parkway in Winston-Salem. It was a delight! I met with them prior to the seminar and they had tables and chairs already set up. The company I was working for sent laptop computers just before the seminar, and the personnel at Hampton Inn made sure they were safely locked away.

Special thanks go to Glen Bennett, Chief Engineer, who singlehandedly helped me set up all the equipment. Also included at no extra charge was a ceiling-mounted projector, which he also set up for me. Kudos to Vicki Hiatt, Director of Sales, Roxanne Bradley, General Manager, and KeAundra Anderson, Front Desk Extraordinaire, for all their help in making the seminar a success. I highly recommend Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Since I did not sleep there, sleep quality, etc., were not included in my ratings
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Sherry M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your meeting experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites University. Thank you also for recognizing our wonderful staff. They always go above the expected services to be sure our meeting guests have the room set to perfection with all amenties in working order and on time. It was my pleasure to be able to speak with you during your event and I hope you will have the opportunity to return very soon!

All the best to you~

DOS

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I visited Winston-Salem in March of 2012 for a conference she was attending and decided to stay at this Hampton Inn based solely on its review here on TripAdvisor, and we couldn't have been happier! I've stayed in pricier hotels with swankier reputations, and I've never received better service and hospitality than I did at this hotel. There was always hot coffee available, no matter the hour; there were times when the staff had plates of cookies and sweet available for the guests in the commons area; and I was always greeted with a friendly smile from the housekeeping staff, desk clerks, dining area attendants - everyone! I can't recommend this place enough. If/when we return to NC, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Andy B,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I have shared with all of the staff and we are so very happy that you enjoyed "our home". We expect you and your wife to return very soon so we can thank you in person for your time spent sending this review.

We train often and work very hard to make sure all of our guest have every item they need for a comfortable visit. It makes us smile to know we have succeeded!

Many thanks and safe travels until you return~

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were greated by both the sales and front desk manager upon entering the hotel. Our rooms were already keyed and prepared for our arrival. Even though there were 4 other large groups in the hotel, they made sure to call each of our rooms to insure that each room had met our satisfaction.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Willie,

Thank you so much for adding your comments to our TripAdvisor page! You and your folks are are always a pleasure to have at the Hampton Inn & Suites University! We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Normally stay at the Hampton Inn by Hanes Mall. When they were booked recently went to this one. This is one of the best Hampton Inns. It is a few blocks away from the traffic noise so you sure to find a quiet room. The new Hampton Inns are my preference. Hanes Mall one is good but it is an older property.

Room Tip: Any are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rmdtmd
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

rmdtmd,

We are so happy that you found the Hampton Inn & Suites University! It is a great location near shopping and dining but not with the high traffic that you can sometimes encounter in the Hanes Mall area. Thank you taking time to let us know about your experience! We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Winston-Salem!

Safe travels until then~