“What a pleasure they are to work with!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Last week, I held a two day seminar at Hampton Inn off of University Parkway in Winston-Salem. It was a delight! I met with them prior to the seminar and they had tables and chairs already set up. The company I was working for sent laptop computers just before the seminar, and the personnel at Hampton Inn made sure they were safely locked away.

Special thanks go to Glen Bennett, Chief Engineer, who singlehandedly helped me set up all the equipment. Also included at no extra charge was a ceiling-mounted projector, which he also set up for me. Kudos to Vicki Hiatt, Director of Sales, Roxanne Bradley, General Manager, and KeAundra Anderson, Front Desk Extraordinaire, for all their help in making the seminar a success. I highly recommend Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Since I did not sleep there, sleep quality, etc., were not included in my ratings
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Sherry M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your meeting experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites University. Thank you also for recognizing our wonderful staff. They always go above the expected services to be sure our meeting guests have the room set to perfection with all amenties in working order and on time. It was my pleasure to be able to speak with you during your event and I hope you will have the opportunity to return very soon!

All the best to you~

DOS

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I visited Winston-Salem in March of 2012 for a conference she was attending and decided to stay at this Hampton Inn based solely on its review here on TripAdvisor, and we couldn't have been happier! I've stayed in pricier hotels with swankier reputations, and I've never received better service and hospitality than I did at this hotel. There was always hot coffee available, no matter the hour; there were times when the staff had plates of cookies and sweet available for the guests in the commons area; and I was always greeted with a friendly smile from the housekeeping staff, desk clerks, dining area attendants - everyone! I can't recommend this place enough. If/when we return to NC, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Andy B,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I have shared with all of the staff and we are so very happy that you enjoyed "our home". We expect you and your wife to return very soon so we can thank you in person for your time spent sending this review.

We train often and work very hard to make sure all of our guest have every item they need for a comfortable visit. It makes us smile to know we have succeeded!

Many thanks and safe travels until you return~

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were greated by both the sales and front desk manager upon entering the hotel. Our rooms were already keyed and prepared for our arrival. Even though there were 4 other large groups in the hotel, they made sure to call each of our rooms to insure that each room had met our satisfaction.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Willie,

Thank you so much for adding your comments to our TripAdvisor page! You and your folks are are always a pleasure to have at the Hampton Inn & Suites University! We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Normally stay at the Hampton Inn by Hanes Mall. When they were booked recently went to this one. This is one of the best Hampton Inns. It is a few blocks away from the traffic noise so you sure to find a quiet room. The new Hampton Inns are my preference. Hanes Mall one is good but it is an older property.

Room Tip: Any are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rmdtmd
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

rmdtmd,

We are so happy that you found the Hampton Inn & Suites University! It is a great location near shopping and dining but not with the high traffic that you can sometimes encounter in the Hanes Mall area. Thank you taking time to let us know about your experience! We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Winston-Salem!

Safe travels until then~

Director of Sales

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel property was perfectly fine, and the room was the nicest Hampton Inn room I have stayed in. I am sure the hotel is fairly new. I stayed here for business and the meeting was held in one of the conference rooms. AV needs were met beyond expectations. Breakfast was on par for Hampton Inn, but the eating area was mush nicer than most. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely choose this property again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kris_F1
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Kris_F1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review of the Hampton Inn & Suites University! I was our pleasure to serve you during your visit and meeting. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Safe travels until then ~

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms here were extrememly nice and clean, but we had housekeeping issues throughout our stay. They don't replace the toiletries every day and on one occasion, they didn't replenish the toilet tissue. When we called the front desk about the toilet tissue, they told us to come and pick it up at the front desk. On a positive note, the breakfast is very good (and free!) and our kids loved the indoor pool. Also, the location is perfect--it's accessible to so many stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank travel4fun3319

travel4fun3319 ,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites University. We do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your comments have been forwarded to our executive housekeeper for follow-up. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and the indoor salt water pool.

We look forward to having you return so that we can show you real Hampton Hospitality~

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very friendly and knowledgable staff
Beds extremely comfortable and clean room temperature cool and good for sleeping
Excellent free breakfast with make yor own waffles, fresh fruit, variety of cereals and breakfast pastries, coffee and teas.
Pool is small but a very nice deck adjoins it and is surrounded by a pretty meadow

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Snosrapsiri

Snosrapsiri,

Thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites University as your preferred hotel during your visit to Winston-Salem. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope you will return soon.

Safe travels ~