“THE BEST STAY EVER!!! DYING TO GO BACK”

Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
New Bern, North Carolina
“THE BEST STAY EVER!!! DYING TO GO BACK”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The staff was super friendly. I would like to thank John (who I did not know was the GM until later), Micheal, and anohter gentleman that was with Micheal on the vening shift. I work in customer service and they do it up big at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
vhiatt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Ishay09,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize several of our staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites University! I gives us great pleasure to know we have met and exceeded your expectations. We hope to be your first choice for accommodations anytime you are in the Winston Salem area.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The enterance is clean and welcoming. The lobby looks newly renovated and the water screen in front of the breakfast area is relaxing. The staff was busy but took time to answer our questions and helped us fine a fun local resturant. When we got to the room it was pleasing to the eye, the beds were comfortable and everything looked, smelled and felt fresh. The Wi-Fi worked well. My husband and daughter thought the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GrandmarmRebeccah
GrandmarmRebecca,

We enjoyed reading your comments about your visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites University. Thank you for your wonderful comments! We hope to be your first choice when returning to the Winston Salem area!

Wishing you safe travels~

Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I have stayed here several times for business. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and well stocked. I am headed back next week and will be here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ReadytoTravel51
ReadytoTravel51,

Thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites University for your business trips. It is our pleasure to have you as a returning guest! Please stop by my office to say hello on your next visit. As always, please let the staff know any needs you may have to make your visit successful!

See you on your next visit!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2011

When we arrived we were greeted by very pleasent front desk personel, they were very attentive to checking us in. As soon as you walk in you can just feel that the hotel is well maintained. My room was clean, and a nice sized flat panel tv, along with a fridge and microwave was in it, and if tv is important they have a great channel lineup. It's also within walking distance to numerous resturants. They have a salt water pool and fittness center too. The hotel exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: It is a fairly new property, try a junior suite also has a sleeper sofa, and the room is huge.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank love2fly10010
lovetofly10010,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites University! We are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations! The Junior Suites are a wonderful value with lots of space and two sleeping areas- we are pleased that you enjoyed the room. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Everything you need in walking distance. Clean and friendly at the right price.

• Stayed July 2011
BE350i,

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment on the Hampton Inn & Suites University. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. The local restaurants are very convenient, very good and also easy to walk to for a meal. We hope to be your first choice for any return visits to Winston Salem!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I travel very often with my job and every week I am put in a hotel in various cites and towns. In April, most of my work was done in NC, and I got the chance to stay in different cities throughout the state. Upon arriving in Winston-Salem at this hotel, I had already spent 16 nights at 4 other hotels in the state. THIS HOTEL IS WONDERFUL. My very first encounter was with the excellent front desk staff. On duty were Michael and Josh. Josh was great at checking me in and making sure that I got all the appropriate benefits as being a GOLD tier Hilton Honors member. He made sure that I got my upgrade and assured me that he was available if I had any questions. I had not had dinner at the time, so Michael kindly baked some hot fresh cookies for me and as someone who is in a wheelchair, he was kind enough to offer to assist me with my luggage. What a wonderful young man, great service!! The cleanliness of the room was IMMACULATE! The housekeeping staff gave wonderul service and I was greeted by Tonya Dawkins everyday of my stay. She made sure my room was serviced each day. Everyone I encountered was terriffic! I advise everyone to stay at this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank jj1985nc
jj1985nc,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites University. It is wonderful to know we have selected the right hotel staff to care for our guests. Training our staff to "that extra step" insures we will meet all of guest's needs. Your comments let the management know we are on the right track.

Best wishes in all your travels and come to be our guest on your next visit to Winston Salem!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is a newer hotel, so obviously the rooms were clean. Hotel decor was nice & modern. They had an indoor pool, small, but clean. Beds were super comfy. Room was quiet & dark - just how I like it. Overall, I was impressed.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank VacationTraveler111
VacationTraveler111,

Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites University for your visit to Winston Salem. Your comments were a pleasure to read and thank you for taking the time to write about our new hotel. We hope you will select the Hampton Inn & Suites University for your next visit!