“Best Japanese steakhouse in Winston Salem”

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #196 of 659 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Voted Best Japanese Restaurant in Triad, Full Service Bar,Sushi bar Daily specials bar and dinning.Call for reservation.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Japanese steakhouse in Winston Salem”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great experience from beginning to end. It may not have the ambiance of some of the other japanese restaurants, but it certainly tastes a lot better. They do have sushi, so that is a plus. Also, the meals come with noodles in addition to rice. All of the meats are excellent quality and always taste great. The chefs are always very entertaining and interactive here, which you don't always see in Japanese steakhouses. Great family night out!

• Visited February 2014

Los Angeles, California, USA
“good fun in winston salem”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In a town that does not have many choices, The tokyo Japanese Steakhouse was a great place for a fun night with very decent food.
I was not a huge fan of their salad. It was very common, and the house dressing was way too sour and unbalanced in taste. However, the rest of the food was just what I was expecting. I had a rib eye and lobster teppanyaki and it was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. They have limited sake options, but for my experience in other restaurants in the region it´s on par. the show was also very good, and overall I had a great time.

Visited January 2014
Winston Salem
“delicious Japanese”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First time trying Tokyo. It has the typical Japanese steakhouse experience, but the food was delicious. My husband & I both ordered filet mignon & shrimp. The filet melted in your mouth and the shrimp & veggies were delicious. I enjoyed that you were served both fried rice & noodles to accompany your meal. The sautéed banana's at the end of the meal were a nice treat. Our cook was efficient & put on an entertaining show; and our waiter kept our glasses full & our needs met. I had more than enough leftovers to bring home for another meal. We will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good Dining”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was very tasty and plentiful. We enjoyed having both noodles and rice. The chef was a real showman. We had a very enjoyable dining experience and will return again.

Visited December 2013
Niles, Ohio
“Quick reservations, good food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We tried another Japanese restaurant and were told that they could not take reservations until after 9:00. Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse accommodated us for a 7:30 reservation which was convenient.
We had about a 5 minute wait before getting seated. The food was priced in-line with other similar style restaurants and we had more than enough to eat. The chef was thorough and entertaining.
I have been to this type of restaurant in NE Ohio and can say that Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse was superior in every way. I would recommend it to any traveler.

• Visited May 2013