“Awesome Restaurant”

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #191 of 673 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Voted Best Japanese Restaurant in Triad, Full Service Bar,Sushi bar Daily specials bar and dinning.Call for reservation.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Like all the Hibachi style Japanese restaurants the price only lets us frequent on special occasions but this is the only Hibachi one we visit in Winston-Salem. The staff are very friendly and they bend over backwards to accommodate you.

We brought in an ice cream birthday cake and they offered to put it in their freezer until we needed it. After the delicious meal (excellent sushi too), they brought it out along with plates and a knife, sang Happy Birthday to my son and made him feel special.

We have been to the others in town but they won't allow you to bring in your own cake and one even told us we could not take pictures of the chef. Tokyo is definitely the place to go for Japanese in Winston.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I love this place. The cooks are always so fun. The hostesses are nice. It may take them a while to get you a refill though. Everything is sooo yummy if I could afford it I would go every night!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I've been to Tokyo's several times and loved the food every time. I've thought the atmosphere could have been cleaner/nicer but the food was outstanding. However, my visit last night completely changed my whole opinion on this restaurant. I order the usual specials that comes with soup, salad, and all the extras. Got my soup, good as it normally is, then I got my salad and it had a BUG on a piece of the lettuce. I'm instantly disgusted and get the manager, show him, he takes it back and they bring me another one. Obviously, I didn't want another salad. But I barely got an appology from the manager, but the cook appologized several times. I still had to pay full price for my meal and the manager never even came back to the table. Very disappointed and will not be returning, not only because the bug in my salad but also because the way the handled it. Personally I think our entire party should have got their meal free with something that bad!!! What happened to customer service, if you don't believe in your establishment enought to stand by your product and correct what's wrong, then why should the ones paying to keep it open. That was a very expensive salad, with a side of bug.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Loved the food. Staff very nice will be back again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Whenever I come back to town this is the place I like to visit. The quality and freshness of the food is always superb. The cooks are entertaining, some quite skilled with their tricks. Just a relaxing place and remarkably better than anything similar I have come across in the Boston area. Noisy, lively, not exactly five star -- but dang good fun -- and so I give it five stars. For my son and I this is as good as there is.