“Coffee excellent, bad experience”
Review of Cafe Roche Coffee House - CLOSED

Cafe Roche Coffee House
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Coffee excellent, bad experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

If people are calling this the best coffee shop in Winston, I don't think they've been to many coffee shops. The service was OK and my espresso was quite good, but they served my drink in a to-go cup even though I said I wanted to sit down and stay a bit. Good espresso doesn't taste the same in a paper cup. The shop was out of napkins and sugar. I can't even wrap my head around that. There was lots of dog hair on the ground. I love dog-friendly establishments, but maybe sweep up a bit? Plus side is that prices were reasonable and there is parking.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank traveler8005

Wilmington, NC
“Best Espresso in WS”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Have been here before and was not disappointed. Small little cafe in a residential area and they do a good job with the espresso. I am very picky and used to very good espresso so i was not disappointed. Baristas technique probably could use some work (almost no tamp pressure) but the shots she pulled were good (not great, but good - better than Krankes).

Visited August 2012
“Great place”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Delicious coffee, fresh pastries and Wi-fI availability. The owner is actually behind the counter. Gotta love that.

Visited February 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good coffee but owners leave a bitter taste in my mouth.”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Inconsistent, inconsiderate owners brew a good cup but this is no way to start your morning. Corporate coffee never looked so good.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good coffee-bad vibes”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

While the coffee was delicious, the owners seem to feel that they are superior to us lowly southerners and after trying the place several times, I will not go back. I am a friendly, kind person and at the least expect to be treated with a little respect-especially when spending my money with someone.

• Visited August 2011