Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 685 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Shoppes on Little Creek off of Hanes Mall Blvd. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for bar bite special Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday from 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy happy hour drink specials all day Wednesdays. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place is fantastic! I went with my boss and had great service from Thomas. I got the filet mignon and chili-spiced green beans. It was excellent...flavorful and cooked perfectly. Also, I didn't leave feeling completely stuffed, so that was nice, too! I'll definitely go back to this place the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is an outstanding choice for an excellent lunch or dinner in Winston Salem. The menu is creative, the food is delicious, the atmosphere is classy but kid-friendly, and the staff is always personable, knowledgeable and attentive. Sunday afternoons are a special treat also because there never seems to be a huge crowd or long wait. Try the Firebirds BLT Salad, the Pecan Crusted Trout, or the Fish Tacos. The Big Daddy Chocolate Cake and the Kids Menu makes this a wonderful experience for any family!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have eaten at Firebird's several times and realized we had never rated them. Firebird's has excellent food and is not that pricey. I highly recommend the Bacon Wrapped Filet with Bleu Cheese crumbles and sauteed mushrooms. This is a meal fit for a king. The only small downside is if you want a salad it is extra. They do however have excellent bread to eat while you wait and they have their own wine.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The food and service in this establishment are both excellent. The Surf and Turf is the best I have ever had, and the sirloin is not far behind!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I like the consistently great staff, food, and overall experience at this particular Firebirds location. The manager stops by our table to speak, always with a smile! The servers make sure that patrons are taken care of so you cannot ask for more. I have visited only one other Firebirds location (Southpoint Mall, Durham, NC), and that location does not compare at all to the Winston Salem location.

I was last here on Wednesday, July 9th. As expected, the dining experience and food were great. There was an unexpected bonus too: $5 drinks on Wednesdays which is half off! I was unaware, but now I know. One other tip: sign up for the Firebirds E-Club. It is worth it getting a $10 off coupon.

I had delicious Smoked Buffalo Wings, Steak Fries (unsalted by request), Celery, and their tasty Bleu Cheese. The other delicious plate shown, which I have tried previously, is the Wood Grilled Salmon, Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, and Fresh Vegetables.

Now for the drinks! I had the Watermelon Rosemary Tequila Rita with Salt, and the other drink was a Cucumber Watermelon Mojito. Both drinks were awesomely made by the Bartender Josh.

We passed this time on desserts. However, we have twice had the Big Daddy Chocolate Cake which is nothing less than great! Next time, we plan to try the Lemon Cake which I believe is only available during summer.

Here are two suggestions I have Firebirds:

1) Offer some of the Firebirds Specialities, Burgers, and Sandwiches for under $10 during Lunch.

2) Offer half orders of sides or lower priced sides, all day long. I must say that $5.50 and $6.00 for sides is very pricey, especially given this particular location in relation to a major US city. I would expect to pay that amount if I were in Los Angeles, NY, Chicago, Miami, and such.

Nevertheless, keep up the great service, food, and experience Firebirds Winston Salem!