“Good Food for the Price”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 687 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Shoppes on Little Creek off of Hanes Mall Blvd. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for bar bite special Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday from 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy happy hour drink specials all day Wednesdays. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I recently visited Firebirds on a business trip. I ordered a Steak Salad and Green Beans, The steak was cooked as ordered and the salad had a great mix of lettuce and vegtables. The dressing had great flavor with a little bit that added to experience. The beans were cooked perfectly with the right about of pecans to add a crunch to the beans. I will defintely visit again when I am back in town,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This restaurant is right up there with Ruth's Chris, Morton's and the like, but more affordable. My filet was cooked perfectly and came with a baked potato. There's no need to order an expensive side dish that ends up being too much for one person, which is important when you're a business traveler dining alone. I started with a salad, but I didn't really need it. The service was excellent. A great choice among the dozens of restaurants in the Hanes Mall area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

On our way to the Outer Banks, we stopped by this restaurant for lunch because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. It turned out to be a very good stop.

My wife ordered a burger, and I ordered the Delmonico steak sandwich. The burger was one of the best she had ever had, and the steak sandwich was tasty and very tender. We both said we needed to try this chain's steaks on future visits to other locations (which we did later in our trip - more to come).

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband, 2 daughters and 3 grandchildren took me out to dinner for my 66th birthday and we spent it at Firebirds. When we arrived, we were seated at a reserved table that was along the wall where the wait staff come in and out of the kitchen and was very noisy with all of them gathered there or moving about or talking amongst themselves. I asked to be moved to another area where there would be less traffic and much quieter.
Paul was our waiter for the evening and he was very cordial and accommodating. He moved all of us three tables down and that was perfect! Our birthday celebration began with our drink order being taken and I personally enjoyed a Lemon Drop Martini...very good, I might add!
Next, my husband and I enjoyed the garden salad next. Our dinner entrees included the Chicken Penne pasta, the crusted Salmon dinner, mini cheeseburgers, enchiladas and seafood. Everyone was pleased and ended up with boxes to go.
Our waiter, Paul was always present and prompt to answer questions or refill drinks or discuss the benefits of joining the E-Club as we had a dinner coupon for tonight that we used.
When I mentioned to Paul that it was my birthday and that I wanted to order the Chocolate cake with ice cream, he said that he would put a birthday candle in it for me! He brought extra plates and forks and the delicious dessert was shared by everyone! Also, after he brought over the cake with the candle, he passed along to me a birthday card that had been made up by the wait staff that were present that night and signed by them...oh, what a nice treat and then Paul told me the dessert was on the house and NO CHARGE TO ME!!! WOW!
Now you can see why I had a spectacular birthday celebration at Firebirds!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our family loves Firebirds! There is something on the menu for everyone, and we can enjoy our time together without too much background noise. While it is a little pricey for a Tuesday night, we often end of here anyway because I can enjoy our time together while enjoying a great meal.,