“Good place to eat”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 664 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Shoppes on Little Creek off of Hanes Mall Blvd. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for bar bite special Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday from 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy happy hour drink specials all day Wednesdays. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Mocksville, North Carolina
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A little noisy for an up-scale restaurant; but the service is good and the food is very good. Had the 9oz filet and it was one of the best; Good menu with plenty of choices; a little pricey, but the quality is obvious.

• Visited September 2013

Leland, North Carolina
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We come here fairly regularly for lunch. The food is always very good, the portions are large, and the ambiance is nice. Fairly expensive compared to other restaurants in the area. Our last few visits, we have been disappointed with the slow service. Especially when waiting for our checks or change. The wait staff is no where to be seen. I guess we are going for the food.

• Visited August 2013
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Firebirds on Trip Advisor. I was happy to hear that you have enjoyed Firebirds in the past and that the food is always very good however, I was very disappointed that we did not execute our standard of hospitality. I will be forwarding your comments to our management team and I would like to have someone contact you. Would you please email me at bhall@fbgrill.com with your contact information?

Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Didn't really like it”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My first time here. Was with a big party. The food was just okay and the service was the same. I had the sesame salmon, which I was told was excellent. It was not - more like something I'd expect at a chain restaurant. The service was lacking and management was not on the scene.

• Visited September 2013
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Dollyamas,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Firebirds. I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the Sesame Salmon and that the service was not up to our usual standards. Your feedback is invaluable to us so I will be sharing your experience with our management team and I would like to have someone contact you to rectify this experience. Would you please email me at bhall@fbgrill.com?

North Carolina
“How Come We Haven't Found This Place Before!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant on the way back from the mountains. They were a bit busy so we sat in the bar while we were waiting on our table. Chase at the bar and Kenard were very helpful. We opted for the Murphy Goode 2010 Merlot which was very good. John was our server for dinner and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. My better half ordered a cheeseburger and I had the BLT salad with salmon. We split the Onion Ring appetizer. All of the food was very good and the service was excellent!! Will be back again as we were impressed with the service and food. Maybe more reviewers need to dine on a Saturday night. We will definitely be back!!!

Dear liongrad,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent visit to Firebirds. I am so glad to hear that John was knowledgeable and helpful and that you were impressed with our food. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to Team Winston.

Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Becky
“If the service is that bad at an empty bar......”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'd hate to see how bad it is in an empty dining room.

I'm not sure how the food is, since I was never offered a menu. Went to the bar and ordered an unspectacular cocktail (which was their house specialty supposedly...pineapple soaked in vodka is the house specialty cocktail?).... and that was it. No offer to take an order, if I wanted anything else or even an offer of a menu. It's a Tuesday night at 8:30. There was one other couple at the bar and that was it. Not impressed. The bartender was about 2 feet away from me when I was holding the check and my card...holding it for a good 5 minutes before the manager told her to get my check. If service is this slow at the empty bar, I'd hate to see how bad it is if I was in the dining room... And I'm not willing to go back and find out.

1 Thank Freqtravelgal
Dear Freqtravelgal,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback regarding your visit to Firebirds. I am so sorry to hear that we did not execute our usual standard of hospitality. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we rectify the experience. I will be forwarding your comments to our management team and I would like to have someone contact you. Would you please email me at bhall4@fbgrill.com?