“AIRY HOTEL”

SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned from week-end staying at Springhill Suites. Smooth and quick check in. Lovely bright foyer. Rooms airy and light with a modern style of decor.
Best thing about the hotle are the beds, we had a king which was so comfortable it was difficult to get out of it in the morning.
Breakfast was fair, hot items, which appeared to be pre-made and microwaved consisted of eggs and sausage.
Rooms very clean, liked the glass walk in shower.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed at SpringHill Suites before and they have a good track record for comfort and cleanliness - this one in Winstem-Salem lives up to those high standards. Beds were extremely comfortable, rooms were spotless and breakfast was great. But none of these things even come close to the incredible service from every single person we interacted with on staff. The gentleman working the night (wee hour of the morning) shift when my daughter and I arrived gave us such a pleasant greeting (which included offering yogurt or fruit from the kitchen) that our 6 hour drive was quickly forgotten. The breakfast staff did not bat an eye at anyone arriving after the 9:30 breakfast window and kept things stocked and warm without rushing anyone out. And when we passed a maid in the hall, they asked if they would smile and tell us to let them know if we needed anything. Everyone at this hotel was amazing. The staff at this particular SpringHill Suites, coupled with the comfort and cleanliness, pushes this hotel beyond 5-stars in my book.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JImmy C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review of our hotel.
We are always looking for ways to improve, we also like to hear the good things we are doing to serve our guest.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while attending a conference that was hosted at the conference center in Downtown. This hotel is about a 10 minute drive from downtown. But it's location offers way more than any of the hotels located in the downtown area. The Springhill Suites is surrounding by shopping and restaurants - many of them fairly new. About 3 miles away is the mall which also has great shopping and restaurants.

The hotel is an all-suites hotel with a living room area and a kitchenette (microwave, mini-fridge and sink). The decor appears to be recently updated. The room was very clean and spacious. With two people in the room, we had more than enough space. The bathroom seemed just a little dated, but most importantly it was clean. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast in the morning which is really convenient. You can sit and eat or grad something quick to go. The front desk staff were also very nice and accommodating.

As far as the price for what you get, I booked the pre-paid rate on Springhill's site. The rate was very reasonable and I feel like I got my money's worth.

The one hiccup with this location is the parking when the hotel is at capacity. Many people ended up having to park near the dumpster or in the fire lane b/c the hotel was completely sold out. However, the staff helped in finding parking and even moved their own cars to allow guests to park.

I would certainly recommend this Springhill Suites for a Winston-Salem stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a newer hotel in a good location. Walking distance to pizza place, chain steak place, burgers and other restuarants. Staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. the room was nice, very clean with a modern feel. Breakfast was OK, typical for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tidetraveler1

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I used reward points so my room was free but i chose it based on T.A. reviews compared to other W-S hotels. The place was very well maintained, the room was very comfortable and free breakfast was tasty. We checked in on a Saturday and asked the Check-In person for info on a Catholic Church for Mass in the morning. When we came down to go to dinner, he had printed out info on St. Leo's from their website along with directions. Very helpful. Mass with Fr. Cook the next morning was uplifting. Sorry, i digress. Anyway, our stay was very good and i'd stay again. We took advice of other T.A. folks and aske for a 4th floor room, facing the woods in the back, and away from Hooters. Never heard a noise from Hooters. Parking was easy too and well lighted at night. Very convenient to other things including Krispy Kreme! The "Hot" sign was on and it was well worth the visit. Make time for it.

Room Tip: Don't forget there's a pool and decent exercise room. Bring your suit and work-out clothes.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Novagirl2

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review of our hotel.
While we are always looking for ways to improve, we also like to hear the good things we are doing to serve our guest.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my 2nd stay here. Very nice rooms. A lot like 4 Points by Sheraton. Very clean and modern. Though just a ho hum breakfast--like HIE without the killer cinnamon rolls. The price is very good if you can do the 4 night minimum. About $15 cheaper per night than the nearby Hampton Inn. No recognition of elite status whatsoever... except for the key card keeper, which boasted of "one glance and we know you're elite... and it's not just the key card." Well if there was any recognition I have absolutely no idea what it is. The receptionist didn't mention anything either (I'm gold).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fl0tsam_N_Jetsam
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I woke up with my legs itching. I looked around and there were ants everywhere! I told the front desk and he said they would have someone sparying later that day and would give me a can raid! I said uh no could I have another room. He said ok. I told manager and he gave me 5000 points. That did not even cover the price of lotion to stop the itch. Oh yeah the guy in the next room snored. I know this cause walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Silvia4ecu

Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a guest review.

Your experience with the stay is not typical of our guest. I want to apologize again for the incident. We have treated this incident with the utmost importance and communicated with the service provider that we utilize.

We are monitoring on a daily basis to ensure this is a isolated incident.

Thank you again.