“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Traveling with my elderly mother can be a challenge, but this hotel made it very easy. Booked a week in advance, we got a handicapped accessible room that was spacious, easily accommodated her large walker, and was nice for the rest of the family too. The room was close to the elevator, and very clean. The breakfast was average or slightly better, and plenty of room for Mom to navigate with her walker through the service and dining area. I thought it wasn't too expensive for a suite either! We'll return, and also try this chain in other cities as well.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
buffalo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night on the way to Myrtle Beach. Property is new built and well maintained. The staff were all polite. The suite was clean and spacious with a nice flat screen TV. The free breakfast was sufficient. Definately worked for us for being included in the price of a room. The surrounding area offered many restaurants with a Target right across the street. The local mall was really lame...small and out-dated. Wouldn't waste our time going there again! Would definately use this as a stop-over again. From the hotel, it was only 4 hours more to Myrtle Beach. Very nice hotel for the purpose. Certainly looked like the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank loveisbliss
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I really enjoy the aqua blue and green colors of this hotel. I appreciate the hotel artwork. It feels more like a spa to me. The rooms are well designed and look new and fresh. The front desk staff mentioned a 5:30 pm gathering - I had enjoyed it the last time I visited. The complimentary breakfast at 6:30 am had a wide selection of breakfast foods. I will stay here again the next time I am in Winston if I can get a room - they are popular.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room on the end that is NOT near the Hooters up the hill.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've been spoiled by some of the Springhill Suites that I've stayed in. This hotel lacks some of the accents that give a lot of the newest Springhill Suites a lot of their charm, but this is a good hotel. I like the walk in showers and the separate living/bedroom area. The staff here is friendly and accommodating. The workout area is decent for a hotel of this size. The bed wasn't all that comfortable and the hotel wifi was not that reliable. That said, All things considered, a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob J
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I recently had an overnight stay at this hotel for a sporting event for my daughter. We checked in kind of late which was no problem as we were greeted with a bright and cheery staff. I loved the decor of the hotel it was very modern and pretty. It was my first time staying at a Springhill Suites location and I was very pleased with my choice. Loved it!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gabilinda
Nashville, TN
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We always stay here when we come to Winston Salem. We love the suite type rooms they are perfect for our family of 4. It is close to the mall, restaurants, and of course our reason for visiting Wake Forest. Breakfast is a usual hotel breakfast. Pool is on the smaller side but we are there during the week so it is rarely full. Although there was a sports event this weekend when we arrived mass chaos and lots of kids. If I wasn't accustomed to that it would have been overwhelming. I was a little disappointed that when I made my reservation they did not have a double room available and told me to keep calling back so we did but when we got our room changed they changed my rate as well. It went up. They quoted us a different price for the rest of the week as well as our parents. Our parents didn't get the rate quoted. We haven't checked out yet so I'm not sure what we will be charged. Overall though we have always been happy with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Angela S
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Almost new, very well designed rooms. Nice breakfast. Staff went out of their way to get us in a room so we could change clothes and get to a graduation event. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family