“Small but packs a lot in”

Children's Museum of Winston-Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: The Children's Museum of Winston-Salem is a 26,000 square foot facility allowing children and adults to IMAGINE, CREATE and PLAY!Our MissionTo create a compelling destination for our community to play and learn by experiencing literature, storytelling and the arts.Our VisionNurturing children’s imaginations, creativity and love of reading by bringing stories to life.Our Values:We Believe and Affirm that:Every child has value and deserves respect.Effective parenting resources give every parent/family the opportunity to play a primary role in their child’s development.Storytelling bridges all cultures and generations.Collaborations strengthen our diverse community.Our Central location provides accessibility to the whole community.Every child deserves access to the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem.
atlanta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Small but packs a lot in”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

CMoWS is smaller than other children's museums in NC but what it lacks in size it makes up for in cool attractions. My kids love the scarf blower tubes (not sure what they're officially called) and the building room with tons of large foam block as well as smaller building units. Another winner is the huge beanstalk kids can climb up from the first floor to the second floor. It makes me queasy to watch even though it's fully netted and safe but my son loves it. The only negative I can think of is that it can get way too crowded on weekends and when school groups visit. I avoid it during those times.

Visited November 2012

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very Special Place for Children”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It is not the largest of Children's Museums we have visited and for adults it can get old but it's not for us . My granddaughter loves it especially the camps in the summer. They have a rock camp or music camp that is so much fun with a program at the end for family. It is certainly worth it.

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This museum was clean and fun. We took our 2 nieces and their was so much to do and see!
My only disappointment was the price... $7 for an adult to watch their kids was a little steep. Otherwise, it was a wonderful time!

Visited August 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great fun for my 4 and 7 year olds”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The dunkin donuts interactive section was a big hit as was the science area. All of us enjoyed the fairy tale area which was magical. Wish the uk had good children museums too! My girls Could happily have stayed for hours. Husband Found out about an offer on the internet, one fri per month, discounted entry between 4 and 7 pm, so do check it out.

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice escape from the heat!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is one of the few places around that is actually open on a holiday! We went on July 4th and my 3 year old had a blast! Children learn through play and mine really enjoyed the air tubes. I was a little disappointed that the alphabet animals were not built for the kids to climb on but that would really be my only complaint. She really enjoyed the lucky climber and I was so glad they had a few comfy chairs for parents to relax in. It was clean and the employees were very friendly, even when I had to drag my overtired little one out, crying that she wanted to do it again! I also like that they will readmit you the same day. We will be going back!

Visited July 2012