“Comfortable sleep, Great value, and Made to order Omelet's”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I stayed at the Sundance Plaza Hotel on a busniess trip with my colleagues last week. We were all impressed by the super friendly service and value at this property. I throughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (I had a made to order bacon and a huge omelet with a fresh cup of OJ and Starbucks Coffee). My colleague enjoyed the Spa on the property and recieved a massage while we ate breakfast. It is a beautiful property across from Wake Forest University. I enjoyed my quite rest on the fourth floor of this property and their pool is huge.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. It feels real good when a customer tells us that we met or exceeded his / her expectation – thank you. We truly love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to welcome you to the Sundance.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

Because of work being done at our home, we were looking for a hotel in close proximity that would allow us to check on our home. Therefore, my husband and I would like to thank the wonderful staff at Sundance for your thoughtfulness and excellent customer service. Everyone was just exceptional from the front desk to the kitchen. Because of the staff treatment, we felt welcome and this hotel wanted our business.

My husband and I have stayed in hotels all of this country, including four and five stars, and we have never been treated so kindly. Please convey our sincere appreciation to Cynthia Hall, Samantha, Rodney, Angela and Demetrius. If we forgot anyone, just know that everyone was extremely customer-serviced oriented. These employees are truly an asset to Sundance Plaza.

While staying for a few days, I enjoyed the wonderful spa and Demetrius is absolutely wonderful and a very skilled "body lady!" You all rock! I have referred several of my friends to the hotel and spa. Please keep up the good work!

PS: In answer to a previous post, this hotel is NOT IN THE GHETTO!

The Monroe's

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed at the Sundance Plaza Hotel the night after our wedding they were very accommodating and anything we needed they were there to help!

Dear Guest:
Thank you, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself.
The issues and areas you pointed out are discussed and taken under consideration for future decission making. We tell also tell our staff “job well done” for the items you enjoyed. Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to welcome you home.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I stayed here with other college students for a regional conference, and the hotel itself is fine. It's clean and comfortable, and management was helpful (esp. in dealing with college students), HOWEVER, THIS HOTEL IS IN THE GHETTO. Right next door is an IHOP, and while my friend and I were there, a gang fight broke out...we'd never been so scared before. So no, it's not worth it. Pay a little more if you can and stay in a safer location.

Side note: the walls are very thin, so you can hear everything going on above you, in the halls, and in the rooms next door.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear guest:
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. Sorry for the long delay in my response. It must have been an uncomfortable situation you experienced. I am sorry this happend to you.
We are right next to Wake Forest University. This is in no means a bad area and must haver been a totaly isolated matter.
Feel free to call the local police department to verify.
May I invite you back to our hotel to enjoy all services we offer. We made some great additions with the Spa.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

The hotel and room themselves were fine (definitely had worse), the bed was very good, i didnt get to try the ammenities, but the service received was the best i've ever had at a hotel. Samantha was the associate that checked us in and she was incredible; she was the most welcoming, polite, friendly, helpful front desk representative i've ever encountered in any avenue of customer service

Reviewed October 29, 2010

My parents have been staying here for years now and have never had any issues. I have stayed here a few times as well and feel the same way. With the proximity to Wake Forest it is a great option. The hotel staff was nice, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast was very good. I stayed there for the weekend for a wedding and this hotel satisfied all of my needs. The only "issue" I guess was that the wireless internet was not working in my room but the business center has a computer you can use for free so that was good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear guests:
You made our day - thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. We do strive to meet and exceed all guests expectations and feel very happy to hear that we met our goal. i will share your feed back with the staff and let them know "Job well done".
Please come back soon - best wishes,

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel and the hotel was clean and had a fabulous hot full breakfast in a very nice setting. We recommend if you are going with teenagers to get an adjoining room with 2 beds to allow for more room. The staff was great and very helpful.
We especially want to give a "shout-out" to the breakfast hosts!"
The Reaves Family

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Dear guests:
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. We do strive to meet and exceed all guests expectations and feel very happy to hear that we met our goal. i will share your feed back with the staff and let them know "Job well done".